FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1 year old day naps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 year old day naps
    Posted: 01 August 2009 at 11:57am
The last two days Jayden has driven me bonkers! Ive put him in his cot and two hours later (cause Im mean mum and wont cave in) hes still awake! hes tired rubbing eyes etc etc yesterday he went to sleep after two hours and today well hes still not asleep!

So what times should 1 year old have there day naps? maybe im putting him down to early even though he appears tired? and when do they have one nap a day? he pretty much is only having one now?
[/url]
Sponsored Links

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 12:07pm
Wonder if he's ready for 1 sleep a day??? What time does he have his sleeps at the moment?

Daniel has one at about 10 and one at about 3. At least one of these is 90min+. I think in the next month or two, we'll be down to one sleep.

And yikes, I'm not ready to move to the toddlers thread - they're still babies
Mum to two wee boys
sottise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sottise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 12:10pm
Ditto Fliss - Amelie still has a morning sleep and afternoon nap at around the same times. She usually goes down fine in the morning, but pulled a Jayden yesterday afternoon (2 hours talking in her cot, no sleep).

I hope she's not dropping a sleep, cause if she does I'm going to have to re-evaluate our care arrangements. >_<

And she's not a toddler - she doesn't toddle!

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 9:09pm
Caden started doing the same thing Kye, and Im a "mean mummy" aswell and I will leave him there, unless he starts getting hysterical, which happens sometimes.

So now, Caden has just one sleep a day, and that will usually be from about 11 or 12 until 1.30-2 *usually*. So he sleeps through lunch time, but he has his *lunch* when he wakes up, and then a snack and milk in sippy cup late afternoon, then dinner at 5 and bath then bed between 6-645.
The great thing about him not having 2 sleeps now, is that he goes down to bed early for the night! It was hard for me to start with as I was so used to him having 2 sleeps, but Caden must have decided he didnt need 2 sleeps and he dropped the afternoon one, so thats why I made the morning sleep later, so its a middle of the day sleep instead(i hope i make sense lol).

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2009 at 8:34am
I don't remember when we dropped to one day sleep but it was when he was doing things like that. Since he's had one day sleep he has lunch at 11:30 and goes to bed at 12
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2009 at 10:28am

In the last couple of weeks Joel has been having one sleep, he goes down around 12, normally crashes until 3. If he wakes early in the morning (like today) then I offer 2 sleeps at the usual times and he sleeps both times. He seems to need a catchup day with 2 sleeps every 3-4 days.

crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 1:16pm
It definitely sounds like he's ready for transitioning to one sleep. Tomorrow if he's not looking tired at first nap time go and do something else like the park etc to keep him stimulated, come back have early lunch, then a bf/bottle then down for one nap. And see how it goes. Often babies will do 1 nap one day then 2 the next. Also if he wakes from his nap early, say 1pm, he will need to go to bed earlier. Watch his tired signs and if he goes to bed at 6pm instead of 7 then that's what he needs.

My son is just doing this at the moment and i find keeping him up till 12 ish gives me the best chance of him still being up for a 7pm bedtime and getting to see his daddy before bed. He's still doing 1 nap, 2 nap though depending on how he's feeling.
If your son isn't walking yet when he does he may go back to 2 naps as well as he'll be more tired. Watch his tired signs.

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2009 at 12:15pm
Once our two turned one we dropped the morning nap. So now they just do one big afternoon nap. They go down at 1230 and usually sleep anywhere between 2-3hours

I'm with Sheza our two started going to bed earlier at night since we dropped the morning nap as well. They used to go to bed at between 7-730 now they go to bed at 6:30 every night. It's great!

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2009 at 2:02pm
Spencer dropped down to 1 sleep at that age, I just started giving an early lunch and then putting down around 11.30-45 and that worked well then slowly his nap got later and later so that he was going down around 1pm.

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 2:11pm
Daniel is refusing his morning naps too but I keep offereing them. I have tried giving him just one sleep but he will only sleep for an hour if I'm lucky then he's so tired by 7pm but maybe I should put him down at 630 only hting I'm worried he'll wake even earlier in the morning if I do that. He usually wakes about 6am at the moment - used to sleep till 7am. It is a frustrating time.

kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 8:59am
We dropped to one sleep at around 11mths as Hayden was waking at 5am, he has always only had 2 sleeps right from newborn (unless in the car/pram etc) so it kinda made sense that he'd move to one sleep sooner than average I guess. Anyhow he cant make it to lunch time just yet so our day starts around 7am, then nap at 11am with a big morning tea and quiet time watching Thomas the Tank Engine before and he'll normally sleep for 2 hrs and every 2/4 days it will be 3hrs to catch up and then have lunch when he gets up and bed at 7pm. It took about a week or so for him to not look so tired at 9.30am which was his old first nap time but he soon adapted and it solved the 5am wake up problem.

It sounds to me that Jayden is ready for one sleep.

Twinboys2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 11:12am
Sorry, I'm of no help but all this talk about sleeping less, my boys are obviously of the rare kind. I'm lucky that they still have 3 naps (abeit once a week Eli refuses his last nap). I still get 1 x 1 1/2hr, 1 x 2hrs, 1 x 1hr naps & they still wake at only 7.30/8am. I don't know if I have just jinxed this by writing it down but gosh I feel very lucky.
3yr old gorgeous ID twin boys.
DonnaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 9:58pm
Hey Kylie,
It's so hard knowing what to do huh.. I just followed Dakota's queue.. On Monday, she decided she didn't want her afternoon nap and layed in bed talking for about an hour then started throwing a wobbly.. (She would only do this every once in a while)

I got her up and she stayed awake ALL day and just got grumpier and grumpier - I had had enough by 6.30pm, gave her an early bottle and she slept like a log till 8am..

I then decided maybe she only needs one sleep a day.. Think all littlies are different and you just need to go with your gut but last 2 days, only doing arvo naps and she is golden.. Little tichy around 10am but a cracker cheers her up.

So now, my routine is: Up at 7am, M Tea at 9am, Lunch at 11am, Nap at 1pm and she's been sleeping till 3.30-4pm..

All the best mate - hope you find a routine that suits you soon..
D

Edited by DonnaB
 Post Reply Post Reply