FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedone month countdown till IVF. Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sugarbaby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugarbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: one month countdown till IVF. Help!
    Posted: 08 August 2009 at 9:25pm
Hi Ladies
So i am on my one month countdown till we start our first cycle of IVF w.ICSI. I am both excited and nervous. And am totally open to any advice anyone could give me. Vitamins to take, exercises to try. I am going crazy waiting and wondering if i am doing the right things to prepare for this process
Sponsored Links

ItchyFeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItchyFeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 9:40am
Try to think of it as a one month countdown to making a baby rather than focusing on the not so nice part of IVF e.g. the injections. Other than taking folic acid, there is nothing much else you can do, so my advice is to enjoy this time. We treated it as being like my last month before being pregnant, which meant I ate all the foods I couldn't when pregnant e.g. sushi, enjoying them knowing it could be the last time for a very long time. We also did a few spontaneous late nights out knowing that with IVF we'd have to be home by a certain time to do the shots. Once you start the process, there's very little you can do personally to help things along, other than following the normal IVF process, but every scientific advance known to man is doing it's thing to help you get your BFP.

ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 10:23am
Hi sugarbaby, just wanted to wish you all the best for your upcoming IVF cycle!!

I have heard accupuncture can be good before and during the IVF process, I haven't done it myself during IVF but have before in the past and it does help you relax.

Good luck!
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 5:46pm
The best thing you can do sugarbaby is ... relax    Be kind to yourself physically and mentally - remember that your body is going through a lot! I'd be inclined to say not to clutter up your body with vitamins etc some vitamins are hard to absorb or work in conjunction with others and therefore can end up placing your body under more stress    Treat yourself - take yourself off for a haircut one week, a manicure another ... or just sit with a cuppa when you'd normally do the dishes or something

ItchyFeet is right - you're doing everything you can by doing IVF. Once it's underway, it's really in the lap of the Gods. The IVF ones at least

One other thing - There have been an awesome percentage of ICSI success stories on OB. Spend your cycle focussing on being the next!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
 Post Reply Post Reply