FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHave one foot in the door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have one foot in the door
    Posted: 11 August 2009 at 8:55am
Went and saw my doctor yesterday and he said that while i didnt have pnd *yet*, i wasnt far away from it.

Apparently im in stress overload, with having had a awful time in hospital after Corys birth, then getting a staph infection, then having trouble breastfeeding, then Cory now having reflux.

Then finding out that dad has terminal cancer and then Rhiannon getting sick on the weekend and almost ending up in hospital.

he said i have caught it at the right time and so im going to get some St John Wort today to try and i go back and see him in a week to see how we are doing.

anything to stop me yelling at Rhiannon and bursting into tears at the drop of a hat.

Sponsored Links

ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 7:37pm
Far out sounds like you had a rough go of it that really sux. :(
I was told to use fish oil by the MMH team When I had to cut down on my med's and i really think it helped.   I would never think to use stuff like that before.    Anyway just wanted to say u could try that as well best of luck hope thing's improve real soon.,

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 11:29am
I hope the St Johns Wort helps! It sounds like you're having a really rough time.

I think you may end up needing a bit more help though because it doesnt sound like the coming months are going to be much easier.

Good luck!
shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 3:31pm

Hey Kazzle,

I really hope the St Johns Wart helps, and it's awesome that you've gone to the doctor at the first sign of trouble. Not getting so far into the hole should make it easier to climb back out of the entrance.

I hope things ease off for you too, that much stress makes anyone go a little funny.

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 3:43pm
thanks guys, im feeling a bit better today, im extremely tired, but thats due to miss 3 being up since 3am and still going strong...going to be an early night for her and me.

LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 1:39pm
Hey Kazzle, you sound like every time u try and pick yourself up you get slammed again........it seems to be lifes little prank for some reason!!!!.........hope the St Johns works........does anyone know if we can take that while pregnant??
My MW has told me to start taking fish oil also cos i am suffering from depression with everything that ive been dealing with and she is very worried that im a candidate for PND.......she would like me to see a GP for antidepressants but im hoping i can avoid that until at least Ive had the baby if i can help it.........if at all and hope that the stuff im having trouble dealing with is only feeling as bad due to hormones?!!!

Anyway chin up Kazzle, hope you get some well needed sleep and rest which would help immensly and hope also that life stops throwing things at you!!
ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 1:51pm
chickielou   I was the same with Emily but by 20 week's I had no choice and I am on them right through with this one as much as I hate taking them while pg its the lesser of 2 evil's really for the sake of hubby and kids was best thing I ever did.   Hope you start feeling better soon but yeah the fish oil is really worth it.

Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 12:58pm
Hi Kazzle

You could try Blackmores Fishoil and Evening Primrose Oil, they are really good :)

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 4:07pm
hey guys, just thought i would give a quick update

life still very stressful here, dad has just had major surgery to get biospy of the tumour, rhianno was really sick for about a week, and is now sick again.

and on top of that i only just starting to get over my cold....BUT it hasnt gotten on top of me, and ive picked up the phone when i have needed to and said "I'm not coping can you come for an hour" and that has helped heaps

I have managed to stave off getting pnd, but i know that its in the background but i am very grateful for the great support i have from my friends and family and i think that is what is helping me stay sane at the moment.

now to just get rhiannon and myself better and then im sure i will be fine

Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2009 at 9:24am
Good on you Kazzle, stay positive :) and all the best to your Dad.

Post Reply Post Reply