FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight gain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kezza2112 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezza2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight gain
    Posted: 18 August 2009 at 8:39am
Getting a bit paranoid about weight gain here. I've put on 6kg in the first 13 weeks mainly due to eating crap thanks to morning sickness and hormones :(

With my first son, I put on a whopping 25 - 30 kg but managed to lose all of it pretty quickly.

Anyone else put on lots of weight?? I feel quite embarrassed about it coming from a very athletic background.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 9:31am
I just need to get a positive test and I gain a ton of weight, its stupid.. even with throwing up daily I still seem to gain lots. Some people are just like that I think, just like some don't gain hardly a thing
zcm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zcm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 9:57am
Yep, I've put on 6-7kgs as well so far. Mainly due to eating crap and not going to the gym regularly anymore. Really annoying cos I worked so hard to get that weight off in the first place!
Mum to two boys and
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 11:08am
I put 25-30kgs on for my 1st pregnancy as well. Last time it was about 20kgs. I did really try not to put so much weight on but meh - just couldn't help it!

Lost all the weight from my 1st pregnancy after about 9-10months (mostly when I stopped bf - ate soo much bf cause I was so hungry all the time), slowly losing the weight this time, but have no idea what I weigh ATM.

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 11:19am
i am a personal trainer so i was horrified when i ate crap and gained 10kg in the first 3 months. this was all i put on though. lol. i started eating better one i didnt feel sick so all the extra must have come off at about the same weight baby was putting on so i wouldnt worry . once you feel better you'll be ok and you only put on what you need so try not to panic too mcuh :)

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 12:57pm
I put on 30 kg with dd and still had 8 kg to go when got pregant with this one. Bf got rid of most of it and the regular walking and I did pilates. As long as oyu are both healthy don't worry too much. This time I am def walking more while pregnant and will start swimming too .
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 1:37pm
I'm scared at how much weight I'm gonna put on cos the only way to stop my morning sickness a bit is to eat really regularly. I haven't weighed myself but might do it now to see.... I swear I look 5 months pregnant already, I've just popped out.
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 9:38pm
I put on 25-30kg with my first pregnancy (5kg in first trimester), and had 10kg left of fat after giving birth.

With this one, I was 8kg heavier than normal (so only lost 2kg after the initial loss from DS), lost all of that with ms and have gained it all back plus another 5kg (so 5kg up from start weight).

So each pregnancy can be completely different. First time round I just couldn't stop eating, second time around I couldn't eat at all.
Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 9:46pm
I put on about 25kg and most of that was in the last half, I lost 18kgs of it in 4 weeks but struggling to lose the rest so have joined weight watchers.

Both my sisters put on 20+kgs each pregnancy so maybe it is a family thing
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 9:56pm
I put on 6kg in the first 10 weeks and so far I've gained 15kg. I was eating all the time in the first tri to stop MS. Im hoping with 2 weeks to go that the weight gain stops now. Im also hoping that it will mainly be baby, fluid and waters lol
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
kezza2112 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezza2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 8:21am
Thanks for all the replies. Yesterday, when I was out town, every 2nd lady I saw was pregnant and skinny!!!   lol.   Keeping up my exercise and hopefully ms will wear off shortly so at least i won't have a reason to raid the pantry....:)

lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 9:47pm
I haven't weighted myself but know I have put on a bucketload of weight. I figure a lot of it evolutionary, we put on weight because we need to grow and support an entire person. But I still feel guilty.
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2009 at 1:42pm
I've put on 5-6 kgs so far.

And I also put on a lot of weight with my first child. When I was pregnant with my daughter I put on 23 kgs.

Which makes me feel crap when I read in all these pregnancy books that the normal amount to put on is 12 kgs.

I was like, seriously?!!! How the hell does a pregnant women manage to only gain 12 kgs. That's just not fair!

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2009 at 4:33pm
I put on 16kg last time and lost it all pretty quickly. Weight seems to be going on already with this one though I'm hoping once again it will even out. I know we're not meant to worry about it but sometimes it's hard not too isn't it?

i do keep telling myself that I'm going to eat healthier and start walking but keep finding those excuses not too to! *sigh*

Kirstine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2009 at 4:43pm
Now i'm thinking i am abnormal - i have not put on any weight and i'm 28 weeks. i think i lost a bit of weight in the first trimester cause I wasn't eating much at all. I never weighed myself until I was 12 weeks, but I have not changed since then. Unless my scales are not working properly I am eating normal - like what I would not being pregnant, unless there is something that I now don't eat because of food safety that used to be bad for me? I don't do exercise either.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2009 at 6:54pm
Ahhhh Kristine, you just get to be one of those lucky people we all hate (in a good way of course )

Seriously though I don't think you're abnormal, I've known of plenty of people who don't gain weight or even lose it. So long as baby is healthy and you don't try to lose weight then yay you!! (yup still jealous )

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2009 at 10:08pm
Yeah Kirstine I put on exactly 12 kg with DS and within a week of popping him out a good 8-10 of that had disappeared. This time (ETA so far lol) I've put on less than a kg and its all in my boobs (they suddenly shot up 3 cups sizes much to my horror! I'm only 14 weeks!!!!! ). Just make sure you're eating healthily - pregnancy is the only time you get to be pleased you're gaining weight (well unless you have an eating disorder but I'm just referring to ordinary people situations!!).

Kezza alot of people put on the bulk of their weight in the first trim then nothing else so I wouldn't be concerned. You can always lose whatever you gain anyway just fit in abit of exercise where you can and curb any junkfood cravings. Wanting it does not equate to needing it (that sounds smart but actually its what DP keeps telling me when I beg for fried chicken with chips and extra salt **droooool** or BK but thats more coz he has to drive half an hour to get it LOL).

Edited by Babe
Kirstine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 7:06am
Yeah I think its because I am even perhaps eating healthier than I used to. I eat a lot more fruit and veges now, but in the 1st 3 months fruit or toast/cereal and lots of milk were about the only foods I could handle eating. I am definitely eating well, Baby is healthy and at normal size. I think soon I will start to weigh more - I must do as my bump is getting rather big!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 9:12am
I need some of your healthy eating Kristine...even at 5 weeks when I think McD's fries I just find myself wandering on there to get some.

We are going to stock up on some healthier versions in this weeks shopping though so hopefully that will help! I want to start some gentle walking this week also.

CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 9:27am
With DD, I put on about 13kg and so far with this one, I have put on about 6kg. I am not actually that worried about weighing myself at all and my OB doesn't weigh me either. Most of my pre preg clothes still fit fine. I am not eating more than usual really. Some days I am hungrier but usually make healthy choices.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>