FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhoney in cooking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: honey in cooking
    Posted: 21 August 2009 at 7:45pm
probably a really dumb question but...I know ya not suppose to give honey to babies under 1. I have just started giving Rory some of our dinners now that he is allowed tomatoes, I usually put some honey in some things i make like spag boll and stuff (havn't tho since i have been giving it to R tho) I am just wondering if honey cooked like that is ok or should i just keep avoiding it until he is 1?

TIA

Sponsored Links

SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 3:25pm
According to this website, cooking won't destroy the spores. But of course, the next one down the list says it's ok, so I don't know! Sorry to not be much help.
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 6:04pm
lol thanks Cathrine I think i will keep avoiding it for now, I've got a plunket appointment comming up sometime soon so I'll ask the PN then

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 8:33pm
Instead of honey use golden syrup
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2009 at 8:45am
oh yea lol thanks Aliasmum! its amazing that some times the simplest things need to be spelt out to ya hahaha

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 12:42pm
Oh why can't you use honey?? The only thing I avoided was dairy and nuts coz of allergies. Jake ate honey sammies since he was like 5 months I never looked at the what to avoid list oops bad mummy!
 Post Reply Post Reply