FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPepti Jnr..... experiences?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pepti Jnr..... experiences?
    Posted: 29 August 2009 at 6:11pm
So we are now on Pepti. its been 24hrs now and we have had our first 'episode' in 5 days. He screamed his lungs out.
Im trying not to link the 2.
Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:05pm
awwww big hugs hun

Rhiannon ended up on pepti at 12mths and hated it so much she stopped drinking bottles

KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:35pm
What did you do
???

We are thinking that any amount of eczema isnt worth it... terrible huh.

Its actually very similar to the HA Karicare. Seems to STINK when he spews it. Poor thing
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 8:21pm
maybe he needs neocate instead?
Mum to two amazing boys!
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 7:11am
yeah i was thinking that he might need the neocate.

because rhiannon was 12mths old we just didnt worry about her dropping her bottle.

How is he doing today?

KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 8:54am
He seems ok so far...
Is spewing a bit.. but thjats norm. Maybe it was a coincidence... I hope so.

The hosp gave us 10 tins of the stuff!!
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 11:33am
OK I take it back. He has spent all morning- as of 10 mins after posting the above screaming.
Of the 36 hrs he has been on it- we have reverted to 2x 'episodes' of 2 hrs of screaming in what looks like pain.
And whining. and he has just done his first poo in 2 days- it was BLACK!!! and GROSS man, and Ive seen some pretty amazing apocolyptic nappies from Locks!

So- DP was adamant it was the Pepti, and wont give him any more. Fair enough. So we just gave him a bottle of the De Lact again- he was happy as aftrer.... and thats when he pood too.

So We are gonna reasses the situation- AGAIn.

sigh
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 1:23pm
okay he obviously doesnt like peptic, next one to try is neocate.

poor Lachlan and parents, i hope you find a solution soon

KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 1:37pm
Any ideas about what to do with 9 tins of the stuff???? its hosp prescription only and they wont take it back, and Im not sure about selling in on TM??
I dont care about the money- just seems like a real waste.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 1:41pm
Some one on here might want it, or phone biolab and see if you can swap for neocate. Sucks the hospital won't take it back, our paed has a buy back system (although he is private, so probably does things a lot different to public).

Failing that i would sell it on trademe, it's only script cos it costs so much without one, it's not the same as selling a medicine.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 1:46pm
and black poo totally normal on neocate/pepti ..E had his for the whole time.
Mum to two amazing boys!
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 5:40pm
cool...
we havent gone to Neocate... we have gone right back to S26.
We decided that if its just his eczema- which we seem to be managing with the natural cream, and the reflux- which we are managing with rinitadine- we will stay with the normal formula and hope he grows out of it soon. I dont know what the right answer is anymore. Paed doesnt seem to either.

Thanks for the help guys.
If you want to buy any Pepti- PM me.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 6:56pm
just seems really weird as neocate has nothing in it to cause reactions that's why the children who have the worst reactions are on it..:( ??

is he back to being ok now?
Mum to two amazing boys!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 7:02pm
I am surprised they aren't trialing him on neocate instead, neocate is broken right down to amino acids so is no longer cow's milk protein at all (even though technically it is made from milk) pepti isn't though it's just hydrogenised more than the HA one that you can buy at the supermarket so the body can still recognise it as the cow's milk protein and attack it.

The thing with keeping him on the normal formula is that his reaction could become worse, think of how some people get stung by a bee and they are ok and then it happens a few times and they end up being anaphalactic, or those people that use hair dyes all the time and then have a severe reaction, same thing. So by keeping him on it you are likely to prolong his allergy even if you don't make it worse, elimination is the best way to help them out grow it.

Honestly I would phone the paed and ask for the neocate, it won't hurt to try it and also remember you need to try for a week to see results and for their tummy to adjust to the change in formula.

Mischeif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mischeif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 2:29pm
Hey chook hope you have sorted things with L. I have heard they put people on Pepti Jr 1st (it is cheaper than Neocate) and if they cannot tolerate it then thats when they prescribe the Neocate, which before subsidy costs over $100.

Our Paed put our wee girl on neocate and it has been great... and boy what a relief! We had to slowly add small amounts to breastmilk as she disliked the taste initially but now happy to drink it.

I hope whatever you choose to do is working for you both

Take care
 Post Reply Post Reply