FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPost preggie hair moult

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
KazS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KazS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post preggie hair moult
    Posted: 07 September 2009 at 8:40am
Any suggestions welcome...

i am having a post pregnancy hair moult - washing or brushing my hair causes a huge amount of hair to fall out of my head! Its horrid and thank goodness i have thick hair or i would be starting to stress

Any suggestions on things that may help?

Karen
Sponsored Links

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 9:08am
sorry no ideas. mine kept falling out in huge amounts until i got pregnant again when my son was 8months old and then stopped falling out. I have really long hair and it just went everywhere. HOpe you find a solution soon
BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 9:46am
I'm still losing alot too full the hair brush and clog up the shower. I talked to my hairdresser about it was told some peole lose very little and some people (like her can lose alot and create bald spots) she told me tht i'm not going bald and you can keep losing hair for a year after birth. (mine didn't start moulting till 3.5 month after i had Tessa.
Sorry no solutions from me.

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
SBM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 10:35am
I've just started losing my hair too! I hope it doesn't last for a year, DP will get tired of pulling my hair out of the bath plug
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 11:51am
I spoke to a hairdresser about it as well. Apparently you don't lose hair while you are pg but it will start falling out when baby is about 4mths.
It is normal for you to shed hair so I suppose that you are just making up for the hair you didn't lose while pg
Lindsey

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 11:53am
No advice sorry but I can feel your frustration. I too have thick hair and when it started falling out post pregnancy last time it just went EVERYWHERE. I couldn't even change Rowan's nappy without 2 or 3 strands falling onto her.

I ended up with a slight receeding hairline around the temples before it started growing back - and of course then I ended up with this weird baby fuzz all around the front of my hairline.

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 11:58am

I have this problem hugely... chunks of hair coming out everywhere! Kinda glad I am shaving my head in a few days, so that I won't have to clog the plughole or the vacuum cleaner anymore, LOL

And cos I think it's appropriate....

www.r1.co.nz/thebigshave

Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
KazS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KazS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 12:02pm
My bubs is almost 4 months and it has started up in the last week or so - i dont wear my hair down anymore as it falls everywhere and when i take it out of a hair tie i make sure i am somewhere that i can dispose of the hair that comes out when i take it down..

Oh well i shall just grin and bear it for the time being :)
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 3:09pm
Mine is coming out all over the place at the moment too. I had such a mane when I was pregnant, my hairdresser hadn't seen anything like it so some hair loss I can deal with. No suggestions or advice either I'm afraid, I'm thinking of getting mine cut shorter before it starts looking too ratty
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 4:52pm
apparently not all women have it but those who do(like me) ...the story is that the hair fallout part of the cycle stops when pregnant.. which is awesome when pregnant but for me 4 months afterwards for about 3 months i had massive loss!!:( but for me it was just the hair I hadn't lost all going at once...one of those weird pregnancy things for some people which I will never understand:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 5:43pm

KazS - I so relate, I always get DH to de-hair me after I have brushed my hair, lol... and I hate taking my hairtie out at the end of the day, it's like step 1) remove hairtie, step 2) extract hairball from hairtie and step 3) donate extracted hairball to a wig-making company  

Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 5:48pm
The weird thing for me is last pregnancy my hair stopped falling out by now and then did after I gave birth. This pregnancy my hair is still falling out normally so I wonder if I won't moult after all (and if maybe I'm having a boy)

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 6:31pm
bobbie..i told you you are having a boy:)

my hairdresser (not that she is necessarily right) said if it falls out like normal you probably won't have issues after..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 7:01pm
I'm still moulting 14 months post baby, my hairdresser said breastfeeding doesn't help which makes sense for me as it didn't fall out so badly after the gremlins and I stopped breastfeeding much earlier.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Andriea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 10:49pm
ive got no advice either, with my last 2 pregnancys (1 boy 1 girl) I lost loads of hair, my hairs not that thick to start with and I used to cry that it looked so awful and thin. I ended up getting hair extensions after both those pregnancys and have planned to if it happens again this time. I feel your pain and prob annoyance
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 2:48pm
I am praying for it to end! Hair EVERYWHERE, its horrible.

sheesh, a year, I hope not.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:20pm
I think mine is slowing up now but uggh the mummy hair regrowth!
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 10:41pm

Frequent drain blockages in this house - and argh!! You should see it when we vacuum - it's no longer the cat fur that is the major bone of contention!

Brooke is 7 mths now and the moult has just started to slow (although not stop).  My hair was already thin, and now it is just horrible.  It is limp, ratty horrible.  I wish I could go out and get hair extensions.  I have short bits around my temples, so that must be the regrowth.

In desperation I have tried a hair thickening shampoo and hair thickening mousse.  I think they kinda work, but make the hair tangle more, so you end up brushing more, and then loosing more hair!  Neverending!!

tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 2:59pm
I too have this problem. It is absolutely horrid. Too scared to invite anyone for dinner because there's no way l could cook without some hair ending up in the meal - yuk!
Georgiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 4:28pm
Oh dear... yet another lovely symptom of having a baby..... I guess the best solution is DRANO!

TTC#2
8th round of clomid 100mg
1 failed IUI.
Waiting for IVF now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>