FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmedical/health insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: medical/health insurance
    Posted: 11 September 2009 at 3:00pm
who are you with? need it mostly for the kids...........does anyone know which one the consumer picked for the best/cheapest one...my books are out dated
Sponsored Links

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 3:44pm
This was the results from Consumer for a family with two children, (non-smokers, adults both 41, children ages 8 and 10) based on monthly premiums.

Hope this helps:

Edited by LittleSal
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 3:50pm
We have southern cross, kiwi care plan i think it is.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 4:30pm
We have Southern Cross Ultra100, it costs $180 a month for me plus 4 kids, no excess and pretty much 100% refund of costs ( some things do have an upper limit that they will pay.)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 6:11pm
I NEED one that will cover specialst eg cancer and cardiac and everything kids need like wisdom teeth etc
Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 6:25pm
I'm with Southern Cross but I have been told that ING has a way better rating. They're a few dollars more expensive per policy. I was going to switch but ING won't cover my PCOS as it's pre existing where as with SC, I had the insurance before I was diagnosed with PCOS.

DH is with ING and I do know they cover a couple more things than SC do. One of them has to do with breast cancer. Can't remember the whole story but my insurance broker was going on about them being the only ones in NZ to cover some type of breast cancer treatment.

Check wisdom teeth, though. When I had mine out 5 or so years ago, there where rumours that they were going to stop covering wisdom teeth as they were getting way too many claims so check what the policy document says.

If I were you, I'd request a policy document from both SC and ING. Have a read through and compare them.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 6:32pm

Southern Cross Wellbeing 2 here for me and the boys. I pay $27 a fortnight (slight discount due to it being through work) and have a nil excess.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 9:22am
man im confused
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 10:00am
Little Sal - could you do a consumer search for me?
Adults both 28, non smokers, 3 children - due in feb, 3 and 4
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 10:18am
Southern Cross full cover for me and bubs and they are brilliant. Promt payment and never question anything.

DH is with Tower and have had no end of problems with them but can't change as he has rugby injuries that won't be covered.

Can't remember the cost of them either sorry but Tower is more expensive and is only for specialst cover whereas ours is for GP costs etc.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 10:19pm
I have 100% cover with Unimed. 100% meaning that every thing that is coverable is covered LOL. Too cheap to cancel it as i'd never get such a fab deal again. Only pay 75 a month.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 7:07am
when we were getting insurance (we got mortgage protection and trauma) we got a broker....SOOOOO much easier and we could ask all the dumb questions. if you get confused, consider a broker.
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Aliasmum Aliasmum wrote:

I have 100% cover with Unimed. 100% meaning that every thing that is coverable is covered LOL. Too cheap to cancel it as i'd never get such a fab deal again. Only pay 75 a month.

i have never heard of them,,,,,
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 9:31am
Originally posted by lizzle lizzle wrote:

when we were getting insurance (we got mortgage protection and trauma) we got a broker....SOOOOO much easier and we could ask all the dumb questions. if you get confused, consider a broker.

do you need to pay for them...was thinking about it but am a bit worried about money side as we cant really afford insurance
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 1:37pm
No, you don't pay for brokers, they get a commission from whatever insurance company you sign up with, like mortgage brokers.

I used to be with Unimed from my last workplace and they were great, we're now all with Southern Cross though as it's part of DH's salary package. Unimed were slightly cheaper than Southern Cross for the same plans. Southern Cross are good if you are planning on overseas trips as you get 20% or similar off travel insurance if you have health insurance with them.
Two little girls under 2!

TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 4:26pm
so do you have to be working to get unimed?
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 7:26pm
I'm not sure, I was working when I first signed up to them so maybe? Doesn't look like it from the website.

They are based in CHCH & are a not for profit society.

linky
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 7:50pm
We just had a broker over on weds and have sorted all our insurance finally. It made it a LOT easier!
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Tastic Tastic wrote:

Little Sal - could you do a consumer search for me?
Adults both 28, non smokers, 3 children - due in feb, 3 and 4

Hey Tastic, no sorry the consumer website doesn't work like that, you can't do a specific search, it only gives examples and that one above is the only example with two young childrenn
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 10:17am
I've been with Unimed my whole life (can't change now due to medical conditions), my brother and I have made numerous large claims and have always found them to be fantastic. I now pay about $45 month for me and DH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>