FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo all rhesus negative women – A Must Rea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
TwinnyBump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:05am
Ok this might be a silly question, I wanna find out what hubbys blood type is as Im O-. I sent him to the dr to get a BT to find out, the stupid Dr tested him for everything else but NOT his blood type Is there any other way to find out, can you just go to a pathology place and pay for the test without a referral?

Nay I hope everything goes well for you over the next 2months!

Edited by Wantabub
Sponsored Links

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:06am
Your MW can write you a refferal to get his blood type tested.. my old MW did with DH for DDs pregnancy..

+1 May 09 Angel
TwinnyBump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:08am
Ah really, awesome I'll ask her when I see her next Friday! At our last appointment she talked to us about the AntiD etc etc which I've had before with my mc bub so kinda know the deal with it all. But she never offered to give us a referral, ah well I'll ask her. Thanks Emmi
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:11am
I didnt ask my MW, but when she asked what DHs BT was and he wasnt 100% sure she sent him off anyway, it wasnt a big deal

+1 May 09 Angel
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 6:50pm
I'm so pleased this thread is still going

Nay, hope all is going well with bubs.
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Brunettie86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brunettie86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 2:54pm
I am an A- blood type. I asked the locum MW we are signed up with until the proper one gets back from holiday in August about the whole situation. She said 'don't worry about it' when I asked about getting the injections in case of bleeding later on in pregnancy. No explanation, no suggestion to find out what DH's blood type is or anything. Gosh it made me mad... Do you think I should change MW's even though the one we are with is just temporary? I don't know the actual one we have anyway. It sucks being in such a small town medically - they just don't seem to keep up to date with things or are too relaxed or something.

So if DH has a negative blood type - do we need to worry about bleeding? At the moment I haven't had any spotting or anything but don't know I trust the MW to do anything about it if I did.
mumoftwins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Brunettie86 Brunettie86 wrote:

I am an A- blood type. I asked the locum MW we are signed up with until the proper one gets back from holiday in August about the whole situation. She said 'don't worry about it' when I asked about getting the injections in case of bleeding later on in pregnancy. No explanation, no suggestion to find out what DH's blood type is or anything. Gosh it made me mad... Do you think I should change MW's even though the one we are with is just temporary? I don't know the actual one we have anyway. It sucks being in such a small town medically - they just don't seem to keep up to date with things or are too relaxed or something.

So if DH has a negative blood type - do we need to worry about bleeding? At the moment I haven't had any spotting or anything but don't know I trust the MW to do anything about it if I did.

How very blasé of the MW!! She of all people should know how important it is to have anti-D if required.
If your DH is Rh- then you don't need to worry about getting anti-D if you have any bleeds as baby will be Rh- also
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 2:35pm
Bump back to the top! I keep forgetting to mention it to the midwife.... must stamp it on my forehead!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 10:26am
Back to the top we go
Nay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 11:20pm
Keep forgetting to update!! Everything is fine. Which is weird. The last scan we had 20th? july.. i cant even remember it was so long ago showed her liver and blood flow to be fine. The ob said she wouldnt have even put money on us making it to 22 weeks since she lost a lot of blood. Now its just a waiting game till she comes. Not long till due date. Hopefully she comes sooner.
I cant wait to find out what blood type she is..i want to know if those injections(many many injections) were worth it. :D
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 7:55am
Oh Nay thats good!! Cant wait to hear shes arrived safe

+1 May 09 Angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 3:57pm
That is great news Nay!!! And she is nearly here...ticker says 39w 2days!!! (or maybe she has already arrived?)
Nay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 7:30pm
Im not that lucky. I think because everyone thought she was going to be premature that she will go well over :D
Got character already!!
Cant wait!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 8:09pm
Ooooo 40wks 2 days.....is she here yet Nay?? (I'm sure if she isn't you are sick of people asking )

Hoping you have a smooth and easy birth
Nay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 11:03pm
Arrived on friday :) induced on Thursday. Only got out of hospital wednesday.. They wont let you go over if you have recurring bleeds. 3880 grams. She is perfectly fine b+ve. So got another lot of anti D. Im unable to enjoy her much atm as my pelvis had to get forced open in birth and her shoulder got stuck :(. So cant walk without help, and now i cant breast feed due to destroyed nipples... Lack of care on middlemores half :( But i wouldn't have it any other way :) i love her too much. A very long nine months.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 11:14am
Congrats Nay!! So glad she is healthy....shame you took a beating during birth Hope you are feeling better now
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 1:45pm
Aww Congrats Nay!!

Been meaning to post... I talked to my MW about anti D during pregnancy, apparently they dont do it routinely any more (only if you have bleeding/bumps etc)... Is anyone else getting it done routinely atm? Should I push for it?

+1 May 09 Angel
Nay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 1:08am
Thats stupid! The doctors at the hospital told me you are more likely to get silent bleeds in pregnancy than actual "i see blood" type of thing. And its not like it matters if you get the shot and you didnt need it. I think its too much of a risk not too. I think you do have to ask for it though. Im glad i had them. All six or whatever it was. :)
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 7:36am
Yeah Ive heard that before (re chances of silent bleed compared to bleeding bleed) and my MW did say that because DH is A+ (or AB+ or which ever one he is) the chances of baby being -ve is very small (DD is A+)... maybe I will bring it up with her again next appointment...

+1 May 09 Angel
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 12:14pm
Would they give injections routinely if you've already had anti-D?

I got regular BT's for antibodies I'm assuming I'll have the same for the next pregnancy, DD is O+ blood type and I got anti-D jab after the birth.

Rather not have injections unless I have to.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>