FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRelactation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mattsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relactation
    Posted: 21 September 2009 at 7:42pm
Hi

I stopped BF a couple of months ago, I still have milk leaking on my bra and DS still rummages around like he expects something.
DS has come out in a dreadful rash since he started being on formula full time.

Plunket has told me I can restart bf (DS is 1 now). Has anyone done this?

Anyone have any experience or hints?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 8:55pm
Hi ice-girl, I have just bumped an old thread of Sheza's about relactation for you, it's in the first baby etc section. Lots of good hints in there. Good luck! Sounds like you've got all the ingredients there to be successful, keep us posted!

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Mattsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 9:34pm
Thanks
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 9:53pm
Hi Ice girl

I can totally reccomend you get in touch with La Leche league, they will ahve all the information to help you!

Good luck!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
mumtooboys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumtooboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:04pm
Unfortunately no, but I do have a funny story. LOL

DS2 self weaned 6 months ago, much to my disgust and dismay but he's still obsessed with my boobs. So much so that he lifts my top, pulls down the bra cups and gets as far as a boob in his mouth before looking utterly confused about what is supposed to be happening and then spitting it out again. It takes all of about 30 seconds, if that...he seems to think it is a great game. Sometimes he can be put off, but others I'm not that bothered. I'd love it if he were still feeding but he seems to have completely forgotten what it is he's supposed to do, and I'm not sure I'd still have milk as I didn't have the heart to pump at the time in case he was actually on a long strike.

I have heard that the longer you have bf, in total, the longer it usually takes your milk to 'dry up'......but not sure how accurate that is so like a PP suggested I'd get in touch with LLL or a lactation consultant.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 3:24pm
I tried when my son was 3 months old(we stopped BF at 4 weeks cos of many issues), but my milk was gone, and it became to stressful with all the expressing and trying to latch him on.
But my midwife said that it is very possible and it just takes time, especially if your milk is nearly gone. But seems as you still have milk leaking, you should be all good.

Have a read through of the thread that weegee bumped, as I got some great advice in there.

Good Luck

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 9:03pm
I think if your son is one and still remembers how to latch/feed it should be less stressful/difficult too. I agree with Fattarts about contacting La Leche League - best of luck!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Mattsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 5:12pm
Thanks everyone, DS is doing exactly what your son is doing mumtoboys. Unfortunately with me working I don't think I have the time to do all the pumping etc to make it work.
 Post Reply Post Reply