FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPureed food

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JessDub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pureed food
    Posted: 22 September 2009 at 12:47pm
Ok, dude is doing well on his finger foods but still eats a 170g jar at every meal. A 170g jar of Only Organic Mango/Banana, Mango/Peach or Fruit Cocktail.

He won't eat any of the meat flavours (even though he eats meat) or anything with the tiniest lump.

It's getting a little expensive at three jars a day and I have a freezer full of vegies I've steamed and mashed but he is not interested.

Does anyone have any recipes for a bulk lot of the above type fruit combos? And an easy tried and true method for really getting the lumps out?

Taking a bit of a punt, but thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:00pm
i'm not much help but my advice would be to just stop giving him the jars and give him a banana. sounds like he just likes the taste, they would be yummy and sweet i imagine...or you could buy some canned fruit and just wizz it in a food processor if you want.   i used to do pear puree for my boys, cook it like you would an apple or potato and then puree up with some of the liquid. i did puree peaches that way too...

Post Reply Post Reply