FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAIO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AIO
    Posted: 07 October 2009 at 1:46pm

Hi just a quick question.

I have a peapod for DD just to try and it fits great I went to snazzipants yesterday and she mentioned the AIO's I bought one to try she did say that they are quick drying as well which I am testing as we speak lol booth washed in the same cycle and hung at the same time.

This is my biggest concern that I want a reasonably quick drying nappy as we don't have a clothes line do have a dryer but obviously don't want to use that if I can avoid it. My thoughts were that we would be able to use a pocket and as the actual pocket dries faster we could just get 2 or more inserts for each nappy to get us through the drying stage. What are your thoughts on AIO's? Has anyone tried them?

Sponsored Links

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 1:54pm
Pockets are definitely the best option if drying time is a concern. The inserts will dry quicker but you also have the option of buying extra inserts to stuff with when your outers are dry (they'll dry super quick!).

Could you use a clothes horse (airing rack) outdoors? Although I have an outdoor line I usually dry my nappies on my clothes horse so that I can move them indoors & out as I like and it frees up space on my line for clothes. I use Itti Bitti AIOs which are much slower to dry than a pocket nappy but I have no trouble drying them on my airer - outside they'll easily dry during the day or overnight & a day indoors. They're very trim and a really absorbent nappy so that might be something else to consider.

Vic xx

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 1:55pm
I use both AIO's but majority of my stash is pockets - although AIO's are easy to use and depending on what kind you are using (ie. itti bitti d'lish) they dry relatively quickly and are very popular.

Personally I would suggest getting pockets with more inserts for the simple fact that you can adjust absorbency according to what time of day it is - ie. nights she has cotton flat & hemp/bamboo trifold, during the day, say afternoon, she has just a microfibre insert which works fine for 3 hours.   The pockets themselves dry in a flash as well.
It is a little more work with having to stuff the nappies then using AIO's, nothing major though
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 2:10pm
I think it depends on the AIO as to how quick it will dry. I've had one that wouldn't dry after a whole day outside in summer sun yet I've had others that would. But pockets dry super fast. In summer mine would be on the line or on the airer and within a couple of hours both pockets and inserts would be dry. In winter they would easily be dry within the day. Or I'd put them in the hot water cupboard and they would dry pretty quick in there.
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 3:55pm

The AIO we have is the snazzipant AIO and it seems to have dried quite nice and quickly in reality pretty much the same amount of time as the pocket. There is a slight bit of dampness there but nothing that a 5min spin in the dryer wouldn't get rid of (which in winter is what I do with most things as otherwise they never quite get that chill out of them) Also next winter fingers crossed we will be out of our place and have a washing line lol. I have a clothes airer up which is a permanent fixture in my lounge. I am going to get another one me thinks as this one is falling apart dammit! So am going to look at that soon anyway. But yeah theres my story lol

So now I am thinking 6AIOs and a few more peapods as they should last her until she is 9mths and then some pockets that are osfa. DD is only 12 weeks and already 6380gm she has chubby little legs so not too concerned about the leg fit etc. Hmm maybe I should go trawling the boards for sales lol

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 4:00pm
the fact that the AIO's dry very fast could also mean too that they are not as absorbent as others, so bear that in mind too.

jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 11:56am
I have 8 snazzipants AIO's and can't rave enough about them. They are easy to use, wash and have we have thrashed them. They are also smalls and my girl isn't a small anymore but they still fit well and we don't get leaks very often. I also use a booster with them for extra absorbancy
 Post Reply Post Reply