FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSolids and Milk Allergies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy2ella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy2ella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solids and Milk Allergies
    Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:15pm
Wanting ideas of solid food for an almost 8 month old with a milk allergy.

My (almost) 8 month old has been on solids for too months now, shes having a mixture of fruit, vegetables and farex. I want to introduce more variety into her diet. So if you don’t mind sharing your ideas or suggestions that would be great!

TIA

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:34pm
Hi, mine just eat whatever we are eating and I have changed all my recipes to be dairy free.

You can substitute baking with rice milk (you will not taste the difference).

Instead of using butter or marg I use rice bran oil in recipes.

Things like mash potato instead of adding milk and butter I just use a little water and oil, after a while your tastes adjust to it, things that would normally be topped with cheese I serve up the boys first then add cheese to ours so we are eating the same but we still get to have cheese

On sandwiches/toast I don't use spread at all, they have never had it so therefore don't miss it. Spreading pureed veges on toast is a great finger food.

Breakfast the youngest has porridge made with water or rice milk and the oldest has weetbix made with rice milk but I use to make it with his formula (he was on a prescription formula).

Rice crackers, cornthins, mother earth fruit sticks, casava crisps, organ outback crackers, healtheries potato sticks are all dairy free. Lots of organic stuff is dairy free.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 4:53pm
Yeah same as Marisa.

I also make a 'creamy' pasta sauce which is just a white sauce made with oil & rice milk
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:16pm
You can also make custard with either their formula or BM. Our girl loves it with fruit
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 10:36pm
Other foods you could include are meat, pasta, couscous... the list goes on...

I see you have a March baby, mine was due in March but he was born a month early. Feel free to come chat to us March '09 mums in our thread!
 Post Reply Post Reply