FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCarpet Cleaners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TansP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TansP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet Cleaners
    Posted: 13 November 2009 at 12:13pm
We are about to move into our new home and need/want to get the carpet steam cleaned. Can anyone recommend a good company to use?
We live in Christchurch

Edited by TansP

Sponsored Links

kathamill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 3:12pm
Hey, we got our carpet steam cleaned last year, the guy that did it charges $10 per room. I just looked in the phone book for the cheapest one. He did a really good job too.

its AAA Superior Cleaning Service
Ph Colin 3882321 or 0274347096
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 3:27pm
We got ours done when we moved in but was in Auckland
Jae Carpet Cleaning the guy was awesome

I pretty sure they are nationwide. Not to sure what CHCH is like tho

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/RPaODBg.jpg
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 3:35pm
0800looksnew
did our house when we moved and the carpets looked fantastic!
was $70 for 2 bedrooms, hallway and lounge (was quite stained in the lounge and a couple of stains in the bedroom where the boys got ahold of makeup!)
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 6:51pm
I recommend Jae Services too, I used to work for them (in the office, not as a technician).  They are nationwide too.

Edited by Italiah
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 9:15pm
What about the cleaners you can buy at the supermarket - rug doctor or something like that. Are they any good?

Alex 6 and Harry 8
TansP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TansP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 10:14pm
Thanks for all your suggestions they ave been great.
Asked a few friends about the Rug Doctor linda and apparently they do a good job. There is, however, the added cost of the cleaning solution. Not too keen on doing the whole house either. Think I would be over it by the second room The previous owner had a dog so it's a bit stinky and really needs a good steam clean.

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 11:21pm
Rug doctor is brilliant, cheap and easy and actually quite fun. It did a great job, carpets look amazing and we have two dogs, including a puppy who isn't exactly house trained yet! It cost around $55 including the solution. We have a 4 bedroom house and only used half the bottle so it will be even cheaper next time around.
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 4:57pm
Yip, I second the rug doctor, we just did ours today. Also have a dog and hadn't cleaned the carpets since he was a puppy and not quite house trained    They've come up just as good as when we had them done professionally and only cost us $65 for the machine, carpet cleaner (which we still have heaps leftover) and the upholstery cleaner (also have leftovers). It's not hard to do and is just like doing a slow vacuum around your whole house. Took my DH about 3 hours but he was also stopping to fill it as I couldn't do it.

Also gives the house a very fresh, clean smell too.

Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 5:29pm
Jae service

Change $198
For the whole house

Extra if you have stairs

TTC#1 Jan 2009
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 8:55pm

Originally posted by Oxy23 Oxy23 wrote:

Jae service

Change $198
For the whole house

Extra if you have stairs

That would depend on the size of the house though, oxy.  It varies depending on how many bedrooms and how big they are.  They would normally give you a price (estimate) over the phone after you tell them about the carpeted areas, and then the technician would give you a definite price before they start the clean.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Ernie266050 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie266050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 9:49am
try Carpet Cleaning Force for the most powerful carpet cleaning before the baby is born.

021-877-504
[URL= ][/URL]http://www.carpetcleaningforce.co.nz/
 Post Reply Post Reply