FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTips for feeding a fussy eater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for feeding a fussy eater
    Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:27pm
Jake started solids like a garbage disposal. He would eat anything happily.

He recently was unwell with vomiting and diarrhoea and since has pretty much refused to eat anything but avocado (is ok with lumps), banana (either as finger food or pureed NO lumps), pear puree with or without rice cereal, watermelon puree with rice cereal and or banana puree.

He will eat any jar food with pear or banana in it or jar fruit if I add pear or banana purre to it.

I did have a small victory today, I snuck a small amount of kumara into his pears which he ate.

Oh and he had a great time with some cruskit but not sure how much he ate.

Other than mixing pear and banana into everything, anyone got any tips for getting little ones to be more adventurous with food?

oh and I did think it might be a texture thing so pureed veg and mae it quite thin and he still didnt eat it. He goes so stiff he shakes LOL

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:35pm
Don't force it, the more you force it the worse it gets in my experience.

Just keep offering it I think. Try some more finger foods, he won't necessarily take a new food first go but with Daniel we just offered over and over and he eventually had a go at everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply