FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIUGR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
5th...and final?? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5th...and final?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IUGR
    Posted: 20 November 2009 at 11:27am
hi ladies,
have any of you had a baby diagnosed with asymmetric IUGR? how many scans did you have before the diagnosis was confirmed, and how often - weekly? 2 weekly?
did you have any other tests?
when did you deliver?
thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

josephnia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 2:23pm
Not sure about the asymmetric part but Blake was IUGR - was noticed around 30 weeks I think when my b/p went up. I was induced at 36 weeks, delivered naturally and he was 2.08kg and spent just under 2 weeks in SCBU. I was having scans every 2 weeks from memory and had a heap of blood tests ( I had 4 in one week ) and was referred to the hospital where I was under ob care but my m/w was still at the birth.

HTH
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 3:44pm
i cant help personally. i was was born 2.25kg but dont know much about the details and what happened. my firends babies were both IUGR though. one 4lb and the other 4.2 ish. i think she delivered around 38 weeks with no problems. i think off the top of my head she was induced with both and i dont know how often she had scans but i think they picked them up as being small round 20 weeks or so and earlier 2nd time round cos they knew it was possible that her next baby would be IUGR too

Twinboys2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 5:18pm
Jacob was IUGR but down to a twin thing (TTTS) and was induced at 35weeks, not the normal IUGR circumstances but I'm mainly writing to let you know I was told he may always be smaller than Eli due to IUGR & TTTS but he's thrieving and is actually 3cm taller than Eli so just to show it doesn't mean anything latter in life (although they are only 1yr so can't say for sure). He was 1.7kg born at 35weeks. We had scans twice a week but more down to TTTS (which caused Jacob's IUGR). Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
3yr old gorgeous ID twin boys.
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 10:07pm
Jake was IUGR (below 3rd percantile), picked up at a scan at 34 weeks. I was scanned fortnightly and at each scan he had gone up a percantile and by 38 weeks was at the 15th percentile.. I was induced 2 days later with PE though .. which is the likely cause what was causing his growth problems.

I started seeing a OB fortnight also but was still under my mw. It was a wait and see game really, if his growth didnt at least follow the line he was on I would have been induced earlier... As I was 36 weeks at the second scan all she wanted to see was growth but if he hadnt gone over the 10th percantile by 40 weeks she would have induced my on my due date.

Oh and yup, loads of BT, thats how they picked up my PE as my BP was only elevated very slightly.. enough to think it was stress from worrying about IUGR!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5th...and final?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:47pm
just bumping this as there are a few ladies in my thread with similar concerns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5th...and final?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:47pm
bumpity bump

Post Reply Post Reply