FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 426>
Author
mumoftwins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Mez83 Mez83 wrote:

I think we may be getting more eye teeth here. Poor DH emailed me about the 9 wipe nappy he'd had to deal with lol. Apparently it was all over his pj's and beds haha. Sometimes I like missing out on that when I'm working!!!

I would have just chucked the kid in the shower...bugger using that many wipes!! So glad those days are all but over for us!
Sponsored Links

Happy lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 9:54am
Mez & Azza... Moving back to Auckland. DH's new job is in Manukau, so probably looking at either Karaka again or out East... Howick/ Bucklands Beach... etc..

Jade... thats terrible about your hernia. Do you know how long you need to wait until you can try again?

We are still really 50/50 wheather to wait until I finish uni (2.5 years) or get preggy now, and continue Uni once I have another bub....
2.5 years, will just be a very large age gap... 5 years.... Im sure once we are back and settled, we will know what to do.

BTW... earthquakes and flooding Auckland weather..... what on earth are we coming back to!!!!!!!!!!

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 11:41am
lurker, if u move to Howick, Buck Beach, I could nanny or home educate Harry for you , and I know you and you know me from looking after you lol
susie
BabyNo2Time View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyNo2Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 9:51pm
Oh wow, its been great seeing this thread active again. Awesome to hear you are coming back Mealza. The weather gods seems to be acting up lately. We've had some minus 8-10 degrees lately and our pipes froze up. So went all day yesterday and until about 4pm today with NO water. Man that sucks!! All good now, but hopefully we've seen the last of the really bad frosts.

We've decided to have a combined 2nd birthday party with Harpers little girlfriend. She was born 2 days after him and as we have alot of the same friends and same coffee group we thought that would be easiest. Our sort of them for Harper anyway will be UP. Based on the movie, as he is mad on it at the moment. We were going through a stage where he wanted to watch it every day!! Yes my child is a tv addict (a lot like his mum to be honest). Oh well I guess there could be worse things he could be in to.
Up the Duff with #2. DS turns 3 in July.

My Ovulation Chart
Leishamaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leishamaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 7:52am
Morning all,

We have gone with the Chipmunks idea for Maya's 2nd. I LOVE the idea of not having to cook/clean up hahaha.

Maya is at such a cool age at the moment. She is an absolute chatterbox and ball of energy, but still loves her cuddles with Mummy & Daddy.

We are off for a week in Aussie at the end of July, and she will be staying with my mum. Im not sure yet how I will cope without my munchkin for a week! Any tips?

</a

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyNo2Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 3:24pm
Oh Leishamaree I love that idea of not having to clean up after party too! Pity we just don't have anything like Chipmunks in our small town.

And so so jealous of you going to Oz for a week. That sounds awesome. I'm sure you will cope!!

My Ovulation Chart
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 8:57pm
Leishamaree - ENJOY IT!! Lol, I had 2 weeks without Quinn in Europe, and it was lovely! Nice to sleep through the night and not have to worry about his needs - sounds terrible, but we usually come last really! So that part was nice!

Mealza - I don't know yet! Things got really sore this week so now we're shopping for a surgeon - not as much fun as it sounds since we have to pay 20% of the costs!!

1stTime - Quinn is a tv addict too He loves the Monsters Inc movie, and Max and Ruby, lol.

Mez83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mez83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by mumoftwins mumoftwins wrote:

Originally posted by Mez83 Mez83 wrote:

I think we may be getting more eye teeth here. Poor DH emailed me about the 9 wipe nappy he'd had to deal with lol. Apparently it was all over his pj's and beds haha. Sometimes I like missing out on that when I'm working!!!

I would have just chucked the kid in the shower...bugger using that many wipes!! So glad those days are all but over for us!

Me too....but male logic doesn't!

We've never really let h watch tv. He watches a 15 min episode of handy manny a couple of times a week and DH has Cars on sometimes. It's a miracle considering how much tv we watch here! He's just not interested (unless it's Manny. Then he's obsessed!!)

Oh and Mealza...have another baby. 2 people I know have announced pregnancies this week. That's at least 10 people I know. If I'm not allowed one (stoopid DH) you may as well do it!!!!

Edited by Mez83
[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/eaqEp12.png][/URL]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 7:33pm
Harry loves t.v..... and I don't mind...
He also loves being outside, so its a good balance.

Jade- I hope it all works out for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Mez- I have my days of wanting another, and then not wanting another for a couple of years.....
Once life is settled and back to normal we will make a decision.

JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 1:46pm
So this is probably a stupid, just do whatever you want type of question, but are you guys doing goody bags for the birthday parties? Do we do those in NZ? I can't decide, lol!!
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by JadeC JadeC wrote:

So this is probably a stupid, just do whatever you want type of question, but are you guys doing goody bags for the birthday parties? Do we do those in NZ? I can't decide, lol!!

Nope, we wont be.

We do for our daughter's birthday but she's much bigger and the kids always ask for them. Emmett will likely just be stoked to have a cake and people singing to him

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyNo2Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 3:51pm
I don't think we will. But the 2 of the 3 birthdays (2yr olds) we've been to so far. Did. The first one, the boys just got a dinky toy, the girls umm cant rmember. The second one, it was just a piece of cake and a balloon.

My Ovulation Chart
Tyrbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:16pm
Hi ladies,

Can't believe 2nd birthdays are coming up! We are doing an antenatal birthday with all the kids in my antenatal group and I'll just have a family one.

I don't think the begs are required but have had them at a couple of parties. Maybe just a take home piece of cake?

mumoftwins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:54pm
Goodie bags are fine if you want to do them, just don't fill them up with cheap plastic toys!! (speaking from frustrated experience!)
A piece of cake, stickers, small bottles of bubbles, little packs of crayons etc are much better (IMHO!!) then $2 shop toys.
Or just send each child home with a balloon and some cake

2 weeks 1 day until my baby is 2!! Quietly glad the baby days are behind us now!
Mez83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mez83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 9:22pm
We're not doing bags. Just cake and a lollipop for kids.

2 years yesterday since my first and only scan. Was looking at the picture yesterday. Seems like yesterday! This time 2 years ago I was in a bit of shock.
Bobchannz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobchannz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 4:57pm
Hey guys!

DD2's birthday party is in a couple of weeks - just doing afternoon tea at our house for this one.

Older kids seem to expect party bags but I can't imagine two year olds expecting them. Some of the best party bag things I've seen include playdough (homemade), packs of seeds or sprouts to grow, bubbles, crayons, stickers and most seem to include a lollipop and balloon! At a party last week the big sisiter was upset that there were no party bags. Her Mum explained that little children don't have them, they just have cake!

Most of the stuff sold in bulk at the supermarkets to fill party bags is pricey and breaks easily. I found Moore Wilson's in Wellington had some fantastic party bag fillers that seemed to go down well.

I can't believe that they are all two. My daughter starts part time creche in a fortnight - it seems unbelievable to me!
www.makedomum.blogspot.co.nz
Mez83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mez83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 11:57am
Woohoo!!! First lamb of the season!!! And it's a boy! Nom not nom.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 3:32pm
This week I have had an overwhelming desire for another baby..

Whats wong with me????

Mez83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mez83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:28pm
Nothing. Do it!!!!!!

DH potentially has a job. It does mean that H will have to change daycare though
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 9:00pm
Mez - argh, that is a pain!!

I just told Quinn's home daycare provider I am taking him out Thursdays to stay with my Mum, and she was so sad! I felt terrible!! She said she will miss that extra day with him.

Mealza - haha, your biological clock is ringing!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 426>