FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAsk Baby...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ask Baby...
    Posted: 29 November 2009 at 3:55pm
Really......Ask baby before... changing nappy
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2009 at 4:51pm
hmmm some interesting ideas. some not so out there either. I dont know about waiting for a response from a newborn after asking if you can change their bum... Most are too busy scraming surely! LOL!

other things tho like letting them be upset when they have hurt themselves, telling them you are going to be picking them up etc and waiting for responses, not confining them to highchairs unless eating ... yeah i can see that.

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2009 at 4:54pm
I have to admit that I like and agree with a lot of that philosophy.. and I do a lot of it at home. BUT I do use the highchair for meals, and praise her for new achievements. Other then that, I have always spoken to her as an adult. This may be taking it a little too far though...
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2009 at 5:08pm
I also ask Natalie before doing things (like asking her if she's ready for a sleep, is she ready to go out etc)...but always take her response with a grain of salt IYGWIM (although even now if she's not ready for her sleep, she won't respond, but when she's ready she'll say 'yes' and take herself off to her room). I have always told her before we do something like nappy change, picking her up, but I wouldn't have expected a response as a newborn!

I do think it's really important to talk to them like they are adults, and I don't really baby-down my language for her (but I do use simpler words and sentences).

We do use a highchair and I do praise her after little achievements, but I can see where the philosophy is coming from.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2009 at 8:53pm
Yes a lot is common sense & logic but appologising for picking up a newborn/baby without asking them first....
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2009 at 9:00pm
LOL when I ask lil miss if she wants to go to sleep, she runs away

I don't necessarily ask her before I do things, but I do try to maintain a fairly constant dialogue with her so she knows what is coming next.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply