FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNot eating in the morning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not eating in the morning
    Posted: 10 December 2009 at 7:58am
This is probably completely normal, but I was wondering if any other babies did this.

DS seems to be completely not interested in food in the mornings - this morning he woke up at 6am and had about 100mL, went back to bed and was not interested in the bottle when he woke up at 7.30am. He is like that most mornings, I struggle to get him to drink his bottle and he is not interested in solids either. He has his next bottle around 12 which he drinks and solids around 1 which he loves.

He has his dreamfeed around 10-10.30 and most nights sleeps through till 6-7am, (although sometimes wakes between 3-4am hungry). I would have thought he'd be starving when he wakes up!
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 8:24am
sounds normal to me... some kids just arent morning eaters. even now my husband struggles to eat in the morning.
hes only 7 months old, plenty time for him to develop that hunger!

Joscia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joscia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 10:05am
Yeah, DS is doing the same thing with BM in the mornings.

He has a feed at 5amish - normally just 1/2 a side which he guzzles, since he's been asleep for 10-11 hours - then goes straight back to sleep.

When I try and feed him again, around about 3 hours later, he's not normally that interested - will have a little, then faff about.

We then get up and have breakfast together (fruit & yoghurt and the like) -doing BLW so it's debatable as to how much is actually eaten.

Then, when I put him down for his first nap at 9amish, he'll normally have 1/2 a feed of BM (1 side) and doesn't want any more.

The rest of the day he still seems pretty normal - happily feeding 3hrly.

It worried me for a couple of days when he first started doing it, but I figured it's just another one of those curve balls that babies throw you when you think you've got them figured out!
 Post Reply Post Reply