FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe nesting instinct.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The nesting instinct.....
    Posted: 15 December 2009 at 7:41am

I guess this stage must have started, been finding my self cleaning all sorts of weird places and at crazy times of the day and night.

The other night I couldn't sleep and ended up pulling everything out of the draws at 3.00 am only to fold everything back up and put it away again, it 's like I was compelled to do it I wasn't getting back to sleep if it wasn't done.

Last night it was the laundry and bathrooms turn, How long does this weird cleaning urge usually go on for? I've been ordered to rest due to high BP, but I can't stand not doing anything it's driving me nuts.

Sponsored Links

Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 9:01am
Unfortunately, the nesting instinct has found me at shopping centres most days. I usually hate shopping but now I simply have to buy photo frames, pot plants, cushions, matching towels...
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 5:09pm
Ha ha! I know how you feel I ended up spending WAY too much money yesterday on curtains, blinds, curtain rods....for ours and babies room. I am also madly cleaning and then wonder why I am so tired.

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 9:18pm
I wish the nesting instinct would kick in with me! When I get home from work, all I want to go is sit on the couch and watch tele. The thought of even doing a load of washing kills me. I want to be motivated and give the house a good thorough clean but just can't be bothered lol
Zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 11:21pm

nzlisajo - there's still plenty of time,  my nesting instinct has only just kicked in in the last week, and now that it has the whole house has had a a spring clean, the only place I haven't cleaned yet is the garage and thats next on my list.. lol

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 9:37am
lisa same with me..i never got it last time adn not this time either.. DH is still hoping!!

Zasha..rest it's really imp for BP!!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 10:33am

well woke up at 4am with contractions, mid wife checked me an hour ago and all action stations are go I'm in estabilished labour, guess that might explain the mad rush to clean the place from top to bottom, think the garage will have to wait, much to sore to worry about that now lol

girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 3:54pm
Ooohh good luck Zasha!
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 4:32pm
Ohhh good luck - hope I get the nesting instinct stronger this time than last time, when I got home after having my son Mum and I had to clean the living area (open plan kitchen, dining and lounge) and do two days worth of freaking dishes lol

Angel March 2011
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 10:56am
Good luck Zasha

Oct 11
Zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 6:42pm

Thanks Ladies, Guess the nesting instinct kicking in must of been my bodies way of trying to tell me she was going to come early.

The birth was a rather shattering experience 19.5 hrs labour, of the hardest work I have ever done in my life, made a little harder by the fact my little one decided to enter the world in a prosterior position, making the escape route a little harder to negotiate, lucky for me I have rather wide hips which worked in my favour and after 1.5 hrs of pushing she was born without any assisted help, she was 8lbs 8oz.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 7:06pm
Congratulations! And welcome to the world Sasha
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 9:14pm
Congrats!! Thats exciting! Hope you weren't up cleaning for too long before the birth!! I've heard the nesting instinct can be rather bad before bubs is born and the best thing to do once you realise you're in labour is to rest! A lady from the antenatal class cleaned the whole house before her baby came and she was up for about 2 days straight!
Zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 9:54pm

Originally posted by nkap9 nkap9 wrote:

Congrats!! Thats exciting! Hope you weren't up cleaning for too long before the birth!! I've heard the nesting instinct can be rather bad before bubs is born and the best thing to do once you realise you're in labour is to rest! A lady from the antenatal class cleaned the whole house before her baby came and she was up for about 2 days straight!

ahh yeah I was up til 1am cleaning windows of all things, went to bed and our 2 cats stranglely decided they were both going to sleep on me ( think they must of been able to scence that things were going to happen that night). But yeah the nesting instinct certainly kicked in strong and suddenly with me, I was thinking I had a couple weeks left to get everything done when in reality it was only a  few days lol.

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 11:36am
I keep hoping I'll start nesting any day now.. it's my first week on maternity leave and I was hoping for a Christmas spring clean.. unfortunately as some of you have, I've managed to shop up a storm but still no cleaning instinct.

Oh well, it's Christmas after all.. maybe next week!

monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 7:55pm
My cleaning is planned for next week too - hopefully I have a burst of energy then as I have a BIG list of things to do!
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 10:11pm
I'm the same, I have this big list of things I want to clean, just have to find the energy to do it. Come on nesting instinct

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 8:52pm
I am still waiting for the nesting instinct to kick in. I too have been shop, shop, shopping! Have finished work now so thought I'd be itching to keep active and do things around the house. Managed an hour in the garden yesterday but that has been it for the past week really. Spending most of my time on the couch in front of the tele! DP goes back to work next Tues so I'm going to make an effort to write a list of things i want to get done before Isla is born and hopefully that will be enough motivation to get me started!
Congrats on your wee girl Sasha btw!!!!
colee25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colee25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 8:38pm
i have had the urge since about 32 weeks which was less than ideal! lol to the point now where if whatever it is that i 'think' needs doing isnt done EXACTLY the way that i think it needs to be done i feel like i am going to have a breakdown! lol 3 weeks and counting... am finally getting to the point though where all my body wants to do is sleep so hopefully i am over it...???
busybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 12:51pm
Congratulations Zasha! Sorry to hear abt the posterior thing but it looks like it worked out ok in the end.

It seriously kicked in...the only thing holding me back is the lack of continued energy..things happen in spurts. But I have about 3 big things that I am absolutely obsessed about and then I will relax..I am not on maternity leave yet but I want to do all of the clutter clearing now. I think I better do it while I still have the desire to. I usually mind if hubby doesn't help me do stuff around the house but not now...I don't care. I need to do it and I have to get it done and I don't mind that he doesnt see the urgency. I have this whole week after work planned out and with a little bit of luck I will be done by the weekend. And I have this insane desire to start baking...perhaps I will get onto that then
 Post Reply Post Reply