FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bubie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ???
    Posted: 27 December 2009 at 5:55pm
Hi Everyone :)

I post on here every now and again and am still getting used to how things work. Im 24 weeks pregnant now with a little boy getting quite excited about meeting him in April lol Yesterday i was about to walk out the door to go to town and then stopped dead in my tracks with this pain that felt like it rippled right up from my vagina up, actually hurt too much to walk, it only lasted for 2 mins at the most. Then today i had the same thing while i was standing in Briscoes, but it wasnt as bad, but i still got that funny achy feeling. I get stretching pains and it's nothing like that. Bubs has been moving heaps so i know he is alright but just wondering if anyone else has experianced the same thing and could tell me what it is or might be ??
Sponsored Links

ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 7:09pm
is the pain localised to around pubic area? if so, it could be what i had in my second pregnancy. my midwife called it symphisis pubic pain and it's caused by the pubic bone separating and moving. i had it worst when getting up from sitting or lying down or getting out of cars.
i don't know if this is what you have or not, maybe you should tell your midwife about your pain.

mum2bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 7:42pm
HI Everyone.im new to this chatting site. but i think its so cool. im only 18 weeks and 5 days. and so interested in the whole pregnancy. my pregnancy was unexpected. but still very very happy. im looking for a new mum that would like to exchange stories thoughout our pregnancy.
cheers
jacjac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 8:46pm
Hi Bubie,

I too am 24 weeks and yesterday I had the exact same pain you described. I was opening the door to the bathroom and it stopped me dead in my tracks. I thought maybe it was braxton hicks?? Mine lasted for about 2 minutes also and I found that doing some really deep breathing helped.

I don't have a midwife appointment till mid Jan, but think I'll call her just in case if it happens again.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 9:51pm
I had similar pain to what ellabellame described and it was explained to me as the pubic bones moving. We have quite a high bed and I would find it hard getting in or when I lifted one leg up e.g. when I was putting shoes on etc. Basically I think you just need to keep your legs closed as much as possible to prevent it from hurting too much

Hi mum2bee, congrats. I assume that you have a May due date? I am sure the mums in the Due in May thread would be happy to chat with you
Lindsey

Bubie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 10:04pm
Hi JacJac, yeah it felt abit like that to me aswell, i have my next midwife appointment on the 5th Jan so if it happens again ill give her a ring aswell I do get quite alot of pain around my pubic area and it dosnt seem to feel like the pain i get form my pelvis seperating, but i could be wrong im still very new to pregnancy
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 10:30am
I had that with my first pregnancy. The midwife told me that it was normal and it was due to the muscles in the vagina and surrounding areas stretching and coping with the extra weight.
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 9:51pm
It could also be what some ladies on here call fanny lightening which is when baby kicks down into your cervix and you feel it right down out your vaginal area and half way up your belly....

Mention it to your MW when you see her next though just in case its SPD

Edited by Tauris75

Angel March 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply