FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 402403404405406 407>
Author
lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 10:56am
PS congrats J&Ls mum!
Sponsored Links

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 11:38am
Looks like our existing group is still live but with only 4 members? https://www.facebook.com/groups/115419638491218/

It looks like we can add friends though - if you want to be added, friend me and then I'll add you. Lets get the group more active :)

My Facebook profile is here: https://www.facebook.com/JohnsonTanya

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 2:35pm
love the photo on your FB page! friend request sent. once you've accepted I'll give you access to the Mad photo album :-)
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 2:38pm
Thanks Lisa - I've added you to the group

lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 2:39pm
in the meantime, here's a question from me.

has anybody found their kids suddenly becoming intolerant of a food type they love? Our regular breakfast is porridge with raisins. Mad also loves grapes.

Three times over the last week, she has been sick at night in bed. Two times it was before we go to bed, so we could change her and her bed, and give her some water. Once, it was after we'd gone to bed and we didn't know till morning. It obviously doesn't worry her too much because she doesn't get upset or wake up. She's not even upset when we get her up to change her bed.

But it upsets me... it seems that it's something about dried fruit and grapes that is upsetting her tummy. I don't know why it would only happen at night - maybe because she's lying down and so indigenstion or something is worse?

Anyone had any experience of this at all?

She's not sick - no fever, fine during the day, happy, eats although not a huge appetite at the moment, and at the risk of TMI it's clear that it's only certain things that are coming back up. dried fruit and grapes.

No more of those things, obviously, but still quite bemused.
NicNOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 2:56pm
Hi all - back lurking in here looking at old posts! very funny to read back, I found out a couple of weeks ago I'm pregnant again! was a wee bit of a shock as we really only started trying last month. Haven't told anyone yet though I'm going away for a girls weekend in Qtown this weekend so will have to spill the beans or they will no something is up.

My wee man is just so cool - hes got a great sense of humor and is just the cutest darn thing. Though hes been getting his eye teeth so hasn't been happy the last couple of nights - why he has to get all 4 at once I'll never know! Still not walking - which is going to get hard the more preggo I get, he can walk if he wants too he just is such a fast crawler he can be bothered with it!
0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 8:40pm
Hi NicNoc ... how far along are you?
I've just got a BFP today too!!

May 2012
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 11:13am
I saw your post on the november board Mrs0ana!! Congratulations!!

Congrats to you too NicNoc, hope you had a great weekend away!!!

2 more sleeps until my scan, starting to get nervous!
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 8:18pm
^ I'm wondering if I'll end up joining you in October, DD decided to arrive at 36 weeks for no particular reason, I hadn't even finished work! This time I WILL be finishing at 35 weeks!

For some reason I'm quite nervous about telling family? I know that my dad will be a bit funny, he'd like us to be more financially secure, we're looking for our 1st home at the moment.

I was debating getting DD a tshirt printed, then printing a pic onto a postcard and sending it out to family, cute or silly?
Something like this - http://www.simplycolors.co.nz/baby-gift-ideas

May 2012
lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 3:35pm
congratulations both of you!
those tshirts look like fun, MrsA.
MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 9:15pm
More babies yay! Congrats ladies.
0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 11:11am
What do you think my chances are of having DD toilet trained by 26/27 months? unlikely? or possible if she's ready?

May 2012
lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 4:54pm
from what I've read... which is really all I know... it should be totally possible IF she's ready.
Catgirl5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catgirl5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 3:38pm
I agree lisame - if she is ready. Have just been reading about it too OmrsOanaO for my grandson. The book I just read said if they are doing some of the following: over 22 months, aware whats happening in nappy, comes to tell you they are wet/dirty, can understand basic instructions like sit down, stop running, bring to mummy, can concentrate on an activity for 5 - 10 min.
From my own expeience you need to be consistant. When you start do not go back to nappies except to sleep. Have them wear underpants that they can take off and for the first few days no trousers but a skirt would be ok. Also can check if they understand wet/dry like hands or clothes. Rewards are good and a "happy dance" by Mum/Dad/Gran when they are successful. Never be negative about wet/dirty nappies even befopre you start so they don't try and hide it. I used to read to my daughter before her afternoon sleep so she would do poos in the toilet. otherwise she would be in bed for 5 - 10 min then do it and I would have to change her nappy and re-settle her to sleep.

Hope this helps and good luck when you start - this is for everyone including myself and my daughter lol

Edited by Catgirl5
0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:01am
^ so .... I'm wondering what I'm doing now is a waste of time then? She's sometimes aware when she's got a dirty nappy and will tell you when she's done "wees!", so each night before her bath we put her on her toilet seat and just sit there for a while singing songs, no luck yet and normally pees on the floor as soon as she gets down!

I'm honestly not trying to pressure her, but she just started saying some things that made me think she might be starting to be ready, I was just taking it slowly, she hasn't tried out knickers yet though.

May 2012
lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 2:33pm
something that seems to be missing off catgirl's list is knowing BEFORE they need to go... and being able to tell you that (whether in words or actions).

Mrs Ana, M is really interested in the potty and the toilet, and what goes on, and she'll sit on it happily and play with toilet paper etc, often before her bath too as we've noticed that's when she'll often wee. She hasn't done anything in the potty yet, like you, but I guess if she did and we made a big fuss, then she might be more likely to do it again...

But that's not really toilet training yet is it, cos we are guessing when she might need to go, and if she does or not it's luck? More like what they do in EC - where you get to know their habits and put them on a potty or whatever when you think they're about to go? What do they do when you're not around to do the predicting?
0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 6:40pm
meh, miscarriage

May 2012
thetravelbugtribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetravelbugtribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 7:46pm
0mrs0ana0

blossombaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blossombaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 8:39pm
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 9:33am
I'm so sorry 0mrs0ana0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 402403404405406 407>