FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCharting - TTC after recent MC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 60>
Author
SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 5:14pm
aww hugs MB i think venting and crying is better out than in....i hope you feel better soon hun....lots of hugs

and hila my temps were really high right through my first cycle after m/c, they are more normal this cycle.

Thanks for the hugs nic and travelbug, its lovely a whole thread to ourselves....i always feel like such a downer moaning in the charting thread...thats like my let's-talk-abt-fun-stuff thread

isnt it funny wishing for it not to implantation bleeding mrsH? it makes me remember all those years when we weren;t ttcing and the relief i would feel when AF arrived and now...well now its different
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old
Sponsored Links

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 9:41pm
I think this is a great idea for a thread MB- thank you for establishing it. Right now this is all I can keep up with too. The meds I were on were ciprimal/citalopram. I have been on 60mg for the past three years. Coming off them in this manner is not wise I realise, and i'm suffering the consequences. I now feel nauseaus all day, am dizzy, anxious, irritable, really sensitive to smell... not nice at all. I don't care though, this is the fastest way to get them out of my system. Unfortunately it does mean I can't sit at the computer and read and respond to you all though. I have spent most of the day in bed sleeping and feeling really sick, and right now I have to head back there. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better and I can support you as you all support me.

I can text easier if anyone is up to communicating like that?
0275 303 222
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 10:37pm

LA.... i was prescribed those and havent taken them and glad i havent....

I hope you feel heaps better tomorrow

MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 7:18am

Appy's Chart   CD 5
Maebeebaby   CD 7 
Trying's chart  CD 8
Hila1's chart    CD 8
MrsHopeful's chart   CD29 - 9DPO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 7:19am
Yay the blinkies worked!

I am STILL feeling cranky, sleep-deprived (so much on my mind!), and hormonal. Thank goodness my temperature went down today, I hope it stays like that now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 7:19am
LA could you start taking St Johns Wort as an alternative?

T41 this too could be used as a really fun thread...! We just all need to get into our happy places.

Edited by MaebeeBaby
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 8:53am
Hey LA

Feeling for you. DH came off same meds and it was horrible. Try and get some rest, it will get better :)
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 9:26am
I'm feeling better today!! The only complaint I have is that ALL the muscles in my body feel as though they have repressed energy in them and its awful. I need to continually be jiggling my legs, doing press ups, walking around etc to tolerate it. I'm going to sign off now, have a shower and then walk the streets until I fall over I think. I will be back later to see how everyone else is doing.

Shezzey, they are really good meds, you're just supposed to wean yourself off them, not go cold turkey like I have.

hila, did your DH taper or go cold turkey as well?

MB, *hugs* babydoll. Things will return to normal hormonally for you soon. It's a bitch while they're all whacky though isnt' it!

I bought some B6 yesterday, but the highest dose I could find was 250mg. I figured that will help something atleast. Am I right?

SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 9:32am
i know what you mean LA i woke up today and felt like a truck has run over me....im planning on hitting the streets myself just to feel alive...argghh

I hope you feel better soon LA, what were those meds for if you dont mind me asking?

MB i know it could be a fun thread and it probably will be soon im feeling more positive everyday but def not in my happy place yet....hope you find yours soon too
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 9:34am

MB..... i think part of the reason why you feel cranky and sleep deprived is because your progesterone levels have now dropped.  Progesterone is the "feel good" hormone and makes you relax and sleep better as well.  The high prog level is one of the reasons why pregnancy gives one a sense of well being (apart from the ms).  The withdrawal of progesterone can be attributed to pms and post natal depression too.

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 9:38am
I just read something really interesting.
I am taking vitex to regulate my cycle, and I stopped taking it about a week after O-ing as I felt I was pregnant.
I just read an article saying that you should not stop taking vitex cold turkey, you should wean yourself off it slowly over a couple of months as if you stop suddenly it can cause progesterone levels to drop dramatically.
I wonder if that is what happened with me? My progesterone level was only 2, and hcg level 18 on the day I started bleeding.
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 10:19am

Hila..... on a lot of websites i have read that once pregnant to stop taking Vitex immediately.    I think Vitex helps more with ovulation because it enables a ovulation and therefore good prog levels...

Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 10:36am

LA.... too much B6 can cause serious side effects... I think the B6 you have is for pms and only meant to be used for a few days prior and during AF.  A multi B would be better because the other B's enable the B6 to be absorbed more efficiently.  Try and go for 50mg - 80mg of B6

Here is great website for supplements needed for fertility .... fertility diet and supplements  and extract is ...

Coenzyme Q10
Important for energy production. Levels of CoQ10 are lower in a woman who has experienced a recent miscarriage. ICSI fertilization rates may rise when taking this supplement. It also improves blood flow. Dosage: talk to your healthcare professional.

Edited by Shezzey
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 10:54am
Hi Shezzey

That is what I read to, which is why I stopped taking it. But then I had a look on the internet, and found heaps of info saying to take it for up to the first 12 weeks of pregnancy to prevent miscarraige at a lower dose, until you are weaned off it.

I think I may go and talk to a naturopath, and see what they say.

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 4:18pm
T41, my meds were for anxiety and depression.

Thanks for that Shelley, I think I will just stick with my antenatal and be done with it.

This withdrawl is really knocking me around, I don't feel sick or agitated anymore, but holy tearful!! I came home to Jemma having stolen one of my new bras and having mangled it and I just lost it. My poor husband, but he is being amazing.
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 5:08pm
LA - Yes DH came off cold turkey as they were making him tired, and reducing his sex drive (and I couldn't have that while TTC!!)
He had terrible side effect, with waves coming over his body and feeling like he was going to pass out, and aching all over and headaches.

It took him a good 2 weeks before he was completely over the side effects
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 5:15pm

This is just for those of you who DONT get the OB mag, i thought some may be interested in this offer:

Fishpond.co.nz is offering $5 discount on the title

"Small Miracles: COping with infertility, misscariage, stillbirth and premature birth"

enter vouncher code OHBABY, expires 23rd jan 2010

CHEM 6/12+
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 8:03pm
*Lurker in*

If you want to go for a walk some evening and burn off some energy, LA, just text me I need to get a bit more exercise in!

*Lurker out*

ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 8:04pm
i wish i was in the area

CHEM 6/12+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 10:21pm
My eczema is really rampant now, all over my shoulders. A friend recommended paw paw cream, a red label, not the black label, as her baby gets eczema due to allergies to cows milk one minute, goats milk the next... poor wee mite. So I am going to town to grab some in the morning.

Night night ladies, I am back off to bed. I have already had 3 hours sleep tonight - I was in bed at 7pm! I am soooooooooo tired.

Edited by MaebeeBaby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 60>