FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1st tri symptoms, how long do they last?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st tri symptoms, how long do they last?
    Posted: 28 January 2010 at 9:30pm
Fortuanately I haven't had any MS, quite pleased about that, but I've been feeling bloated, REALLY sore boobs, pimples, dizziness, tired ALL the time and wondering if I expect this to continue?

I've read that the energy levels increase in the 2nd trimester, but just wondering about the rest, or do you get a new set of symptoms?

TIA

May 2012
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 7:20am
Everyone is different. You might find they go and you get a burst of energy, you may also find it continues. Kinda the luck of the draw really. I don't get a change until after 20w
0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:33pm
Thanks Kebabkat, I'm just really exhausted and keep crashing out napping for a couple of hours in the afternoon, which isn't very productive! Especially seeing as I've just enrolled in some Uni papers and need to get studying!

I'm really hanging out for a coffee too!

May 2012
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:55pm
Just depends on the pregancy really.   I had MS right up until about 20 weeks with my first and it was quite bad but with my second it only lasted until about 14 weeks and I didn't vomit as much.   I didn't really notice a burst of energy, but not needing to throw up all the time definitely makes it more bearable.     Third trimester however just gets worse and worse until you give birth.

Oh and it's ok to have 1-2 coffees per day.   I didn't have one every day but definitely had one if I wanted to.   Can make you feel a bit more human if you've given up some different foods, alcohol, caffiene, all the rest!

Edited by mamanee
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 12:24pm
I was really tired with my first pregnancy too, and like you was at uni, and would come home and sleep for 2hrs. It wasn't very condusive to getting any work done, but you just have to go with it. If you need to rest then do so, you'll just make yourself too strung out if you try to push through it day after day.
troutpout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutpout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 12:02am
I felt like poo up til about 14 weeks, I was tired and starving all the time! Then I hit 14 weeks, and felt a million times better. Got a sudden blast of energy, and felt fantastic! I still feel pretty good, and I'm 27 1/2 weeks now x
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 10:20am
I am eating all the time too but am starting to worry that i'll gain too much weight. I thought there was supposed to be minimal weight gain in the first trimester and I swear if I keep going as I am i'm going to gain a good few kgs.
0mrs0ana0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0mrs0ana0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 7:31pm
thanks ladies!

i too have been a little concerned about my appetite! I've been starving all day! Had 2 breakfasts, small lunch, 2 hour nap, decent dinner and dessert! We never have dessert!

I'm weighing myself each Monday to keep track, don't wanna go up too much!

I'm really hanging out for week 12 and hoping and praying that I get a sudden burst of energy!

May 2012
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 7:39pm
I was the same till about 14 weeks then the appetite lessened, I had more energy and the bloating and gas eased off.

I put lots of weight on in early pregnancy but havent put any on since 18 weeks so dont freak out about the food issue, just eat if you need to and try to make sensible choices regarding the food.

Congrats and enjoy your pregnancy, before you know it you will be itching for it to be over lol

Angel March 2011
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 12:10pm
0mrs, i'm doing the same- monday weigh ins lol. I'm also craving savoury everything, so my snacks are consisting of crackers w/ hummus or cottage cheese, or sandwhiches w/ tuna and cheese. So weird for me as I was the candy queen, now I don't want it at all!

Tauris, I have so much gas and bloating and it's still such early days yet- what is with that?!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 1:18pm
With the tiredness.. get your iron and B12 levels checked. If either of those are low it will make tiredness worse. I was going to bed at 730 every night cause I was exhausted. Turned out that my iron was 8 and my B12 was only 11. Had a B12 injection and the next day I felt great tired wise
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 2:11pm

Oh dear I felt like crap for most of pg, given that I was vomiting daily.  I never got that glow although people told me I looked great from about half way through, I never felt it. And third trimester with the babys head pushing on your cervix...oowweee

It'll be interesting to see if I feel so bad second time around (when and if that happens!), cos I'll be busy with a toddler so might not be able to focus quite so much on my symptoms...fingers crossed! It's definately luck of the draw hun

Edited by Emmecat

Post Reply Post Reply