FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 108>
Author
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Chat Thread
    Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:45am
The last thing I want my bfp to do is bring hurt to anyone so on advice I thought I would start this thread.

A thread where those who are TTC and those who have been blessed with a bfp can come together and natter about anything....

Where those who are trying and those who have conceived and travelled the journey together can continue to their journeys together, even if on different paths, without fear of upsetting each other.

It maybe that nobody wants to chat in here but I figure it would be nice to have an option and then those who are "down" on TTC dont have to read anything about baby gear or pregnancy development or be confronted with scans they were not expecting.

This is in no way intended to be spiteful, merely taking on board the feelings of others (mine included). I may be pregnant at the moment but the reality of mc is ever present and while I am in the land of limbo I would still like the support of the TTC buddies!

Hopefully I am not chatting away to myself all day!

Sponsored Links

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:48am
I'll come chat with you Mel

Done another test yet??

Is it sad that with all of you getting bfp's that i almost wanted to test too!? Bear in mind that I am only CD7!!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:54am
LOL when Nic got her BFP I went and did a test... you know JIC!

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:54am
Congrats Melnel
Very thoughtful of you.
Hopefully I will be joining you in here soon :)
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:55am
I'm sure you wont be talking to yourself Mel, I completely understand not wanting to leave the security of the TTC thread.
Lisa I have been so tempted to test early this month too with all the BFP's coming up it's so easy to get caught up in all the excitement, so far I have managed to resist.
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:58am
OMG! Congratulations Mel!!!
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:01am
Gosh your doing well Didi... I am pretending I am 14DPO but tbh I think I am actually on 10DPO....

Yup BK did my other discover at 4am.. I dont know why as my 2mu alwasy gives a better test result for some reason!!!! So it was uber faint.. less than yesterday afternoons test so of course I started freaking out.

I did another IC about 8am and it was the darkest IC yet so will just keeping doing them until I get my last lot of bloods back next week and then will do a discover for keepsies next week too.

My tooth isnt hurting anymore but my ear is... think it was a good idea starting the AB 's as I think the infection is spreading

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:03am

Thanks Dal

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:19am
I think this is a great idea Mel. I was uncomfortable chatting about pregnancy and baby stuff in the charting thread because if it were me still in there without a BFP I think i'd be quite emotional. At the same time though, I don't want to leave this place incase it all falls through in a week.
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:23am
I have never yet had a positive POAS test- all of my pregnancies have been confirmed through blood tests. Though the first one the nurse did make me POAS first, I just never got to see that. She just told me I was pregnant (hesitantly I may add, and then asked me if this was a good thing- guess that's what you get when you go to the uni medical center and look 22yrs as opposed to 30yrs).
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:27am
lol LA, I got asked whether having a -ive test was a good or bad thing when I first went to my GP after a late AF when we first started TTC...

lol Mel.. at least I have plenty of tests to test with if I so wish to... no matter where I am in my cycle!

My 'keeps' bfp was the quickcard one I did the day after my first bfp... was a freebie I picked up at the birthing unit when my sister had #3 in June that year (tested Oct 2nd) and it was just the right size to put in my scrapbook!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:31am
I got a little precious memories box for jake and my discover fits in there.. will get something similiar for this one I think.

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:36am
That is such a cute idea Mel. A little "keeps" box. Except i've got nothing to keeps lol.

I will do a scrapbook but wont start that until 12wks I don't think. I can start with the ideas and pictures but not correlate them until all things are certain. You will have to show me yours BK when I come up to go shopping at some stage. DH has told me no more shopping this week haha.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:39am
lol... which one LA? I have 1.5 for B, a half done one for jae (havent had any room to do scrapbooking since we moved a year ago, but with the house to myself for 10 days, I am using FILs room to spread it all out lol!) I also have one for the cats I even have a half one done from our road trip to Wellington way back in Dec '07! that i really should finish!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:41am
Oh and I started doing layouts before I got preg, just left the spaces for photos and tests etc blank until i had a pregnancy to put photos in for...
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:41am

Hi Mel a little box is a good idea for all those speaial things. 

Just wanted to say you're a lovely person and I agree that no one ever intends feelings to get hurt but it just happens unintetionally.  TTC is an emotion journey for everyone here.  I'm still here to support you and am so incredily glad you finally got your BFP!  I am very sad that some of the joy was taken away yesterday because of all the other stuff going on. 

Maybe we should catch up for another coffee some day soon?

Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:46am
Maybe Brandons first album, because I don't know what he looks like yet
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:51am
lol, tell ya what, I'll bring both their first albums... Bs one starts from birth (I had no photos of me during pregnancy, and didnt think to keep the hpt either as he was quite the surprise) whereas jae's starts from when i got my +ive hpt, and is up to 20 weeks preg (will work on getting to at least the birth sotry on hers next weekend)

I should prob go shower and get dressed lol... and do some washing!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:59am
hiya guys!!

im sorry you felt like you needed to make this thread mel but ill come in here and talk too!!!! even though im not actually ttc yet, i still like to join in on discussions about things, that way im clued up when i do

hmm just realised this will be yet another thread to try and keep up with....oh well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 10:19am
LOL Bosta, another coffee date would be nice!

Heaf when I was TTC Jake the chart thread was just that.. charting. We pretty much nattered about everything else in the W2O or 2WW threads... these days those 2 are pretty quiet but the chart thread is the chatty one.

I think this way for those of us who like talk about rubbish of any kind we can do it here and anyone coming in here knows that anything goes so if you are feeling a bit down probably not the best thread to be in.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 108>