FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpro biotics and feeding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pro biotics and feeding
    Posted: 04 February 2010 at 2:48pm
assuming i can breastfeed how do i get the probiotics into my new little guy? Ethan was FF by then so just put it in his bottle..but i am going to get some as the paed said every c section baby needs to take them so will get some but wonder how you go about giving them to the bub?
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 4:04pm
Rodney just said put a little bit on finger and pop finger in their mouth right before a breastfeed. I did it a few times but mostly forgot..lol
He said not to worry about getting a whole 1/2 teaspoon worth in.

Edited by two_boys
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 4:28pm
thats news to me? perhaps you could just take them and pass them on through your milk.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 4:32pm
made me go searching... heres an interesting article...

link to article

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 4:36pm
oh and apparently there are probiotics in breast milk anyway too... so if you take a supplement and breast feed it will be passed on to your baby.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 4:37pm
I asked Rodney (Dr Rodney Ford) why they don't tell you at the hospital if it's a known problem and he said it's cos once the baby is out the OB doesn't care anymore

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by cuppatea cuppatea wrote:

I asked Rodney (Dr Rodney Ford) why they don't tell you at the hospital if it's a known problem and he said it's cos once the baby is out the OB doesn't care anymore

thats terrible!

palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 6:27pm
i just took them and hoped it passed thru my milk
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

made me go searching... heres an interesting article...

link to article

I just got sidetracked by this artical down the side-   There really is a good excuse right there!
Dark chocolate reduces stress levels
 Post Reply Post Reply