FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcorn chips, nachos?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: corn chips, nachos?
    Posted: 13 February 2010 at 9:23pm
James is not an allergic type baby but tonight while he was scoffing his dinner (nachos) one side of his face went red. At first I thought it was all the sauce smeared over it but it was still there when I cleaned him up and kind of spread in the bath. It was a bit blotchy and was from his upper eyelid and all over his left cheek but not around his mouth.

I wondered if it could have been slapped cheek as it did look like a slap. The right side was totally normal.

It lasted about an hour and then looked a bit like little scratches. he seemed totally unbothered by it.

Does it sound like a reaction? and what are the normal offenders? would you expect it around his mouth too?

It looked a bit like the red blotchiness some people get on their necks when they drink IYKWIM
Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2010 at 6:09pm
Cory gets a rash on one side of his face when he eats something that has wheat in it, that i havent caught..and it tends to just be on one side of the face and sometimes over one side of his body.

hes not bothered by it.

Did you buy different chips?, make a different nacho mix?

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2010 at 9:02pm
I have no idea and in the end wonder if it was just random red blotchiness....like when you get flushed. He has pale skin and is probably going to go red easily.
soph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2010 at 11:06am
might be just high histamine release caused by sauce if it is tomato, nothing harmful as my children have it quite common after had baken bean or pasta as baby/toddlers, now not affecting them but they get what look like red slapped mark on their left cheek (oddly!!) at first and it often affect their left eyes, then become blotches before disappeared by bedtime.

Edited by soph
 Post Reply Post Reply