FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10311032103310341035 1631>
Author
SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 1:29pm
Definitely get the harness Susy, it'll stop her from sliding now as you said but it'll also stop her from escaping later on!

If D needs a poo I usually give her bum a good wipe, kind of give her butthole a bit of a tickle. Mind you that only works if its ready to come though.

Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 2:12pm
Does the harness not come with the highchair?

Susi - cheddar cheese and yoghurt are ok for babies to have in their first year, with BLW she can have yoghurt on a spoon the only difference is she feeds herself the other option is to serve it with dippers ie: apple or pear pieces
cows milk is seen as a food rather than a drink and I'm not giving that to Catherine till she's closer to 2, Dh's family has asthma and it has been linked to having milk too early

[/url]

Angel June 2012
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by LateStarterLorna LateStarterLorna wrote:

Cats keep setting the baby monitor off They are now named Penny and Leonard, thou I may change them

:LIKE!"
Sheldon is better though, but I guess Penny & Leonard go better together.

have added you on FB TTJ.
As long as you stay away from all the "games" on FB, you will be fine. I have pretty much canned all of those now, with Peyton I don't have time to waste on virtual gardens and mafia!! (I barely have time for my real garden!) lol

Originally posted by melissag melissag wrote:

A syringe is quite easy to give it with and you can get them for the chemist.

Would you mind telling my daughter that it is easy to give it with? lol I literally have to fight with her and hold her down to get the drops in her nose! Often DP has to help hold her still!!!

Loving the cooler weather, is definitely easier to get P to have a decent day sleep in this weather. Can't believe I am relieved to see the back of winter! We had coffee group this morning, is was quite cute to see all the bubbas in their winter woolies!

Right, best go organise some dinner before the cherub wakes starving!!

fairy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by PeytonsMum PeytonsMum wrote:

A syringe is quite easy to give it with and you can get them for the chemist.

Would you mind telling my daughter that it is easy to give it with? lol I literally have to fight with her and hold her down to get the drops in her nose! Often DP has to help hold her still!!!

Sorry . I haven't actually tried it, just what I've been told in education sessions. I also meant that it was easier than trying to pour it in or similar ways, not that I think (hope) anyone would try to do that. Does it help tho? As I have never tried just, just heard stories about how great it is from educators in the hospital.
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 4:49pm
Definitely easier than without a syringe, but not easy! lol
She knows what is coming, so fights it all the way!

silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 5:15pm
agghh lost my post! i found it quite easy to give to silvia - i tilted her head back and the drops went in quite well and along with the pamol i gave her a few hours she is sounding much less like a pig than she was

she has slept for 6hours today which is twice what she normally sleeps - i hope she goes down as normal at 7pm tonight
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 5:33pm
I hate it when that happens Lucy!

Well, I had a good sleeper too. Two lots of 2 hours and I like that she woke at 5pm, perfect timing for putting her down later. Still no poo though. Been waisting disposables all day as I really don't want to use cloth on her for that one. And Sarah - changing time is pretty fast at the moment, don't want it to go anywhere but her nappy lol!
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 6:02pm
 Susy the chair comes with a harness
LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 6:56pm
Penny and Sheldon go better together really as they are brother and sister, so Penny and Leonard makes it a little like incest

fairy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 7:28pm
Wellington ladies, just had a thought, while the rose gardens have a cafe its mainly outdoor seating so not sure if its the best to go considering the weather lately. We could meet at parade cafe instead at 1.30 if others are keen? that way theres outdoor seating if it turns out nice and indoor if its raining.
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by LateStarterLorna LateStarterLorna wrote:

Penny and Sheldon go better together really as they are brother and sister, so Penny and Leonard makes it a little like incest

"like" again!

nicolariley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolariley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 8:05pm
reflux day and night-I freaken HATE reflux-just when I think things are good......sigh!
werty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote werty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 8:27pm
Nicola it sux big time!! I know exactly how you feel. Just when you think you're on top of it, the reflux witch comes back! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day for you. It's awful seeing your baby in so much pain. Big hugs Hun.

silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 9:25pm

Wellington ladies, just had a thought, while the rose gardens have a cafe its mainly outdoor seating so not sure if its the best to go considering the weather lately. We could meet at parade cafe instead at 1.30 if others are keen? that way theres outdoor seating if it turns out nice and indoor if its raining.

i am happy with either - the weather looks like it might be ok but maybe its not worth taking the chance?

to reflux

well silvia went down as normal at 7pm so fx she sleeps soundly tonight! i am hoping we are both better tomorrow so we can make the meet up. i don't want to bring any germs with me to give to the other babies.
tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 9:39pm
I honestly wouldn't worry about passing on germs with babies, not that I run around with contagious diseases infecting small children on purpose, but whatever they don't catch now they'll just get once they start dc, kindy, school etc when having them home sick (& yourself off work) is a total pain in the arse. And when they're older they whine, and whine, and whine.......
Well tha's my unsolicited two cents for the evening. Got stupid meeting with ird tomorrow to apply for Greta's ird number (I don't have any of the category A documents). That involves me driving 40mins there, waiting for ages with a restless toddler & probably grizzly baby, then 40 min drive home again. Was so much easier when all you did was fill out a form and drop it in the post box, surely they could just info-match with the D.i.a & issue an ird number when you register their birth. Growly growly me, lol.
shesmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shesmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 9:55pm
Am good with either for Welli meet-up tomorrow too. As ttj said - don't worry about germs Lucy. I am hoping Oli is already sick - well, not hoping that he is sick, but that being a bit sick explains the 4 vomits today He is over last weeks awesome day time sleeps and now doesn't want to sleep at all, any time.

First SPACE session today. I quite liked it
silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 10:08pm
anna we had two vomits and 2 poos and 6hours of sleep!!!! so the 6hours was spent putting washing on, hanging it out or folding it!!!!! mum told me it was good for her to be sick that she was building her immune system i would rather she did it without chocking on her vomit and scaring me half to death
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 10:10pm
So far neither Catherine or I have got sick, quite like to stay that way for a wee while longer. One plus with DH going away is he won't be bringing home germs and viruses from his work.

Little Miss went to bed early tonight at 7pm I'd be surprised if I got 12 hours out of her tonight. That's ok I felt more tired having a big long sleep for the first time in over 6 months.

At least it isn't as cold as last night.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by bubalys bubalys wrote:

Susy the chair comes with a harness

Oh bugger, really? Have you received yours yet? I had another look on the website and it comes with a seat cushion thing but no harness.
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
Marama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 10:13pm
Hi all, well we are back from our South Island adventures, had a great time and Zoe coped really well with the travel and meeting lots of new people. I am completely exhausted tho and my milk supply has dropped right down which I am a bit gutted about. I seem to have enough milk when I am really careful about resting in the afternoons, eating plenty of protein and expressing as much as I can to stimulate my supply...but it was hard to keep up with all of that on our holiday!

Today was a battle to feed DD when I didn't have much to give her and she was getting more and more frustrated.

So, Wgtn ladies I am going to give tomorrow a miss sadly as I am desperate need of a quiet day at home. Sorry! I hope to catch you all next time.

Ugh here's a gross poo story...so DD has been pooing once a week lately, makes for easy nappy changes but it's a fully explosion when it arrives. But while we were driving from Greymouth to Nelson we pulled in at a scenic reserve for a breastfeed and nappy change and found that the poo explosion had arrived early on day 4 and it was extremely and to make things worse there were loads of sandflies outside and so we were confined to changing her in our little car, AND in the stinking heat all while she's wriggling around and we're trying to keep it off the upholstery ! the most stressful nappy change ever!!!!

Lucy I hope Silvia comes right soon!

Those of you using merino sleeping bags, which one did you buy? We borrowed a merinokids go go bag for our holiday, I thought it was good and I want to buy one but just wondering what others are finding good??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10311032103310341035 1631>