FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked19mth old and day nap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
noisybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19mth old and day nap
    Posted: 27 February 2010 at 1:34pm

My DD has for the past two days not had her day nap. She won't settle and stands up in her cot banging around and then cries. I then go put her back down. This happens two ot three times before I give up and just get her up.

Is this a sign she is dropping her day nap or is there something I'm missing. Normally she is really good going down for her nap but now its frustrating the hell out of me as I'm nearly 32weeks preg and when she sleeps is the only downtime I have. if I need a nap this is when I normally have it but if she doesn't sleep i can't have one.

I need help please. What can i do????

Sponsored Links

my2girls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 7:45pm
Both my girls started dropping their day sleeps at this age. DD2 is 22mths and sleeps most days but a couple of days a week she plays for an hour in her cot and then wont go to sleep/cries/screams so i get her up.

Even thought my girls cut their sleeps out at an early age i always put them into their beds for "rest time" for an hour or so.

You could put some toys/books in her cot for her to play with so if she does sleep she might have some quiet time in there by herself for an hour or so?

Or maybe try putting her down a bit later than usual?
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 2:01pm
DS does this some weeks, he started doing it at about 14 months old, when his sister was born, he is now 20 months.

I found that the problem for us was that I was putting him to bed too early, he usually went at 11am, but now he goes to bed at 1pm, and that means he sleeps for the afternoon and I get peace and quiet. He still does play up sometimes and refuse to sleep, but I just leave him in his cot, unless he is hysterical, then I get him up.

I try and have him and DD sleeping at the same time so i can have some down time.

Today he mucked around and cried and got grumpy for about 15 mins then went off to sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply