FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEgg/yoghurt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bun_in_the_oven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bun_in_the_oven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egg/yoghurt
    Posted: 06 March 2010 at 11:59am
How would you offer egg to a 7m.o ??

Just whole and boiled.. scrambled ??

wanting to start introducing more protien into his meals...

Should i just be buying the *expensive baby yoghurt range or just offer the usual full fat kind... fruit or plain ??

Suggestions please.. many thanks
Sponsored Links

Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 1:39pm
We do eggs scrambled, in fritters, frittata's, omelettes, bacon and egg pie...... anything really.

With yoghurt we buy the normal plain stuff and put finger shaped chunks of fruit in there for him to pick out and chew on or dip one in it and give it him. He loves it. We have given him some fruit yoghurt (like fresh and fruity) before and he likes it but they do tend to be quite high in sugar - so we have opted for the plain yoghurt for the majority of the time.

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 7:23pm
if you are going to offer egg, it should only be the yolk, and you will need to watch for reaction as a lot of babies have an intolerance to egg.

My boy is allergic to egg, and hes only had it in baking...and the pead said ideally you should wait until they are 12mths old before offering egg.

as for yoghurt...IMO dont go for that baby yoghurt crap, not only is it more expensive it has more sugar in it too.

With miss we gave her just the fresh n fruity and with mr we have started making our own easiyo, and we wont go back to the other stuff.

oh and the occasionally dairymaid yoghurt (as in the chocolate or banana etc), wont hurt either.

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 11:32pm
Ah good to know. I also wondered about yoghurt too, so good to know he can have it 7 months +.

What about cheese?
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 8:19am
Cory has had cheese from about 7mths.

I started him off on cheese triangles spread on a rice cracker as he could just suck it off.

he now eats cheese triangles, cheese slices, chunks and grated cheese.

Oh and he loves philly cream cheese, (garlic and herb), spread on crackers too.

Edited by Kazzle

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 10:02am

Clodagh eats the same yoghurt I do- plain unsweetened low fat or full fat (depending how I feel)  There's natural sweetness enough in fruit IMO without buying sugar laden 'baby yougurt'.

Eggs, well I'm in the same boat as Kazzle in that Clodagh is allergic to them but we hadn't given her any- I'd kind of figured it out already from her reaction when I ate eggs but the skin prick test proved it

Cheese- we give her vegetarian and/or organic cheese in moderation as now its a source of protein for her.....but I also give her tofu (cooked and raw) as an alternative to dairy.

edited to add- yeah cream cheese sandwiches are a fav here

Edited by Emmecat

Post Reply Post Reply