FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhere to buy/shop?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy/shop?
    Posted: 07 March 2010 at 10:37am
I know there is Baby Factory, Baby City and of course TM, for baby gear.

Where else have you brought your baby gear from?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 10:58am
All the online baby stores. There are too many to list!

But we have bought from Mothers Instinct, Baby Universe, IQ Toys, Tweddle, Belly Beyond, YOYO nappies, Merino Kids - that's all I can think of for now off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few more we have bought from.

There is also a cool baby store called Baby Divine here in Dunedin which we go to quote a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 11:02am
Awesome thanks for the list, I can start browsing to get an idea of what I need/want.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 12:04pm

www.thesleepstore.co.nz is also a good site

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 12:25pm
Got our buggy from smiths city
there's also farmers

LOTS of online stores...
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 12:27pm

Farmers is were I got most of my stuff well over 6 years ago now.

Clothing I went to KMart and I still do now.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 2:15pm
The clothing I've got so far has all come from Kmart there sales are awesome, some from T&T too.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 2:54pm

I have a heap of stuff you can have if you want it.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 3:28pm
If you don't want it, I can give you something for it if you like.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 3:52pm
tnt and kmart are awesome for clothes. Farmers kinda suck, I found most of their under 1s clothes stretched all outta shape for any of the tops, stretch n grows and stuff. But for over 1s its alright. Weird.

If your ever heading to wellys stop off at the outlet stores in otaki, can pick up good maternity and kids gear there.
E&L+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E&L+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 3:56pm
babysafe is another good one, they are online and have a shop in Hamilton. Its a family owned and operated business. They only employ parents and they know their products!

Wobble is pretty good too, again online and have a store in hamilton
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 8:10pm
Congrats Fleur! Im another one who had no idea you were you until that thread was started about people changing forum names!

I agree with Stacey about baby clothes at Famers- well the teeny weeny brand tops especially go weird shape!

Im loving The sleepstore- for their great newborn advise as well as the products! Check out the Wrap me Up swaddle- they are awesome!
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 8:39pm
I love newmarket for baby shops! Expensive, but good for special things bay bee cino, dimples, nature baby

shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 11:25pm

Baby on the move is good, but doesn't have those amazing specials you can find elsewhere. I use mothers instinct a bit lately

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 12:26pm
Farmers frequently have 50% off nursery stuff. The good thing about being pregnant for 9 months is you can hang out for sales!

I got our pram and our carseat 50% off from farmers.

Pumpkin Patch is having a sale atm, but still pretty pricey.

My best advice is at this stage, do lots of browsing etc, and once you've got a good idea of what you want, hang out for the sales and then go all out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 12:58pm
That's exactly what I want to do Becs, have a good browse at all the different things and get a good idea of what I want.
I'm already thinking of heading to the summer/end of season sales now for newborn stuff, as my baby will be born in spring/summer. Well Nov/Dec isn't usually very warm down here.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 1:12pm
I know you said trademe in your first post but you can buy some great stuff on there. i have some new (and some near new) PP stuff that was sooooo cheap. they are only in the stuff for a short time and most people have to many clothes for their babies anyway (im going to be one of those people!!!!!!!)
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 10:34pm
Don't forget Kidsgear as well We got stuff from Farmers as well, and also Wobble (www.wobble.co.nz). Most of our clothes are from either TM or Kidsgear, plus some sale stuff from T&T and Baby Factory. I have some Teeny Weeny singlet AIOs which I love, and they've retained their shape really well, better than the Infantino ones from Baby Factory.

I got the MB 50% from Farmers, and the covers from Wobble. The carseats were 30% off from Farmers. Cot and bassinet mattresses were from Baby Factory (they were cheapest for exactly the same thing).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 7:47am
Sounds like Farmers sales are ones to look out for
I've had a look on kidsgear of course.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 9:36am
Oh wow, Fleur. Congratulations!!!!
I didn't have the faintest idea this was you.

Pretty much everyone that was in the waiting to TTC thread at the same time as me (Mrs Mojo, Kebakat, Minik8, Hopes) are all preggers or have their bubs (except me). Oh well, maybe soon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>