FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSo over not sleeping rant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So over not sleeping rant
    Posted: 13 March 2010 at 5:14am
I am so sick of not being able to sleep!!!! and its got nothing to do with my gorgeous son who is 3months and is a dream baby!!!!!

If its not my ecezma keeping me awake, its my insomnia. Every night without fail i get a stupid song stuck in my head. It can be anything from Kings of Leon to the Wiggles............tonight it was 'fruit salad, yummy yummy"!!!!

Im now wide awake after trying to get back to sleep but every time i lie down my body goes into this crazy itchiness all over like ive been sprinkled with itchy powder!!!!!!

Its so completely unfair that i can have such an awesome sleeping baby who is no problems getting to sleep or staying asleep but I dont have the same luck!!!! Its catching up on me and Im so completely over it............not to mention that everytime im awake I end up having something to eat like choc or caramel slice........which doesnt help trying to lose weight. Its very hard to think of the healthy option in the middle of the night............

I thought that exercising is supposed to help sleep also..........and exercising used to help my ecezma, now its making it worse but i want to lose weight so cant exactly stop exercising...............OH IM SO TIRED

ONCE JUST ONCE I WOULD LIKE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP WHERE I SLEEP THE WHOLE NIGHT
Sponsored Links

BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 8:38am
Firstly HUGS! I do not have eczema but I have insomnia ALOT! some song stuck in my head that just runs on repeat and I cannot shut off and relax and go to sleep, it drives me insane and I too have a baby (now toddler) who sleeps really well.

What has worked for me is Rescue Remedy Sleep & NaturoPharm Insomed (not sure if these are safe during BF but I am sure a pharmacist could tell you) as well as taking magnesium supplements, as well as going to bed earlier and not doing anything too stimulating to close before bed e.g. watching a movie, excercising etc. Oh and really not thinking about sleeping too much (easier said than done I know!)

I hope you get some long, restful sleep soon and start feeling "human" again!
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 9:12am
I second the rescue remedy. There's a sleep one you can get. Helps you to relax. It's perfectly safe to take, safe enough to give to animals and babies even! Go to the health shop for it and while you're there ask if they have something you can put in a bath for eczema. Will help you to relax too.

Hope you get some decent sleep soon!

gannet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gannet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 9:42am
I have a hot of milk before I go to bed, with some chocolate quik in it. I honestly think it works (as I don't go to sleep as well when I don't have one) and it might stop your sweet cravings if you wake up hungry (I read your other post about all your exercise and wondered if part of the reason you are waking up/not going to sleep might be a bit of hunger??).

I've also used the Rescue Remedy night and it is great, and I only started the milk as I had run out of RR.

Good luck.
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 5:16pm
I shouldve mentioned that i have rescue remedy sleep and have just started that two nights ago and also taking a magnesium/b6/zinc tab i had when i was trying to concieve, taking it at night time......oh and also started having a hot choc before bed.........but still no luck...........hence my frustration as i feel i am trying all the regular remedies.

I am going to perservere with the rescue remedy cos it cost me too much not to keep trying. I dont think i can try any herbal things cos of BFing so am kinda stuck for the moment.........i do find getting up coming on here for a bit and going back to bed helps.....and i dont think i mind that part so much as i do the part of not being able to initially get to sleep.......think my prob is i am trying to hard to go to sleep and i actually thinking too hard about making myself relax and sleep to be able to actually do it

Funny thing is i seem to be able to sleep well from about 6am onwards.........of course with children thats not going to happen

Thanks for the advice, hopefully something gives soon before i go insane
monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 9:44pm
Oh that sux - I really hate it when I get a song stuck in my head when I am trying to sleep!

I could be completely wrong, but maybe the sweet snacks are also contributing to making it hard to sleep? Maybe the sugar is giving you a bit of energy?

I read to get to sleep - this may not work for you though as it does keep some people awake! I find that if I don't read though it takes me twice as long to drift off. It just clears my head and keeps me from thinking about anything that is on my mind.

Hope you get a good nights rest soon.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 9:57am
my suggestion would be not to exercise late at night and have a nice warm bath - some baking soda in it might help with the itch too - and no choc with your milk. also chamomile tea can help and i think it is ok while pregnant. i heard some ladies had success with a milky chamomile tea, maybe you could try that.

LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 12:59pm
had a few drinks last night and i crashed out.........still got up a few times to pee cos i drunk lots of water before bed to keep the hangover away but i went straight back to sleep........so maybe thats my secret weapon Ok maybe not, cos i had to give my baby EBM which is a pain in the bum...........
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 5:46pm

I second the reading usually knocks me out. Mum wakes up and reads in the middle of the night.

Another thing I do is kind of like a meditation thing but not really. I lie in bed and tell myself a story descriptive things normally it starts of being outside a meadow and then picking flowers then walking into a forest and so on. If I keep going then I end up at my "safe place" we did a similar meditation when I did a course a few years back.

Oh and I hate ezcema!

Post Reply Post Reply