FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedElectives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electives
    Posted: 17 March 2010 at 5:47pm
i've got my appointment to see the OB on monday to discuss a 2nd section. My question to you lovelies is: Did they give you a date straight away for your section or did you have to wait for a letter in the mail or go back for more appointments?

TIA :)
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Sponsored Links

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 1:05pm
I got my date at my second OB appointment when i was about 36weeks preg, for when i was exactally 39 weeks. So he was born a week early.. the OB didn't want to give me the date any earlier than 35 -36 weeks for some reason.
Anyway good luck
2nd section was heaps easier in regards to recovery for me as i knew what to expect.
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 4:00pm
i went to see OB for an ECV and when it didnt work (twice) he gave me a date right then for my CS (i was 37+5) CS was at 39+4... i just didnt know the time until my pre-admission appt at 39+3.
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 6:02pm
Hmm so maybe I shouldnt bother with this early appointment then? Just request one for around 36 weeks instead?
Its such a mission to the hospital and the parking is terribly expensive, so I dont want to have to waste petrol, time or stress the toddler out by being couped up in his pram for any longer than he needs to be.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2010 at 12:22am
I saw the OB at 33 weeks and discussed electives and VBACS he told me the risks and all that, I decided to try VBAC and to give myself until 41 weeks to go naturally, and if I didnt then to have an elective, so he saw me when I was 40 weeks 1 day to book the elective just incase, booked it for the 31st August, but we ended up bumping it to the 27th when I was 9 days over as I was over it!

I also got a letter confirming my 31st August appointment for the elective.

I would still go to your appointment Alex, its quite important.

Edited by Sheza

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2010 at 4:01pm
I only had the one appt around 36 weeks and the decision was made then to do the elective, he left it up to my midwife to book it in, and I just had to wait for the letter to confirm what date it would be, it was booked for 39+3 but then the hospital bumped me down a day so she came at 39+4
Brandon - 05/12/2003

LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by MissAngel MissAngel wrote:

Hmm so maybe I shouldnt bother with this early appointment then? Just request one for around 36 weeks instead?
Its such a mission to the hospital and the parking is terribly expensive, so I dont want to have to waste petrol, time or stress the toddler out by being couped up in his pram for any longer than he needs to be.

If you know your having one and not still trying to decide between VBAC or elective then just go to the 36wk appt. I only had a 36wk appt too and i got my date then(altho i got food poisoning the night before my date so ended up being a day later)

I found this number 3 section the easiest and the least amount of pain compared to my 2nd.......even though i was really run down and my general health was suffering i still recovered quicker than my 2nd
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 8:01pm
Oh i'm having one alright, i dont want a VBAC. I discussed it with my MW beforehand and we both decided it was pointless going to that appointment. She's sent away for the 36wk one instead.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 9:12am
I knew I was having an Elective from around 12 weeks but I didn't get my date until about a week before. So I was given the date at 36 weeks and I went in at 37 weeks :)

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 11:21am
i had to wait for a letter with the date but knew it would be exactly 39 weeks(though it was going by their dates not mine and it ended up being too late and then they decided i was right grrr)! then the letter said 8th feb.. and i had to ring a number and talk to her and she told me where i was on the list.
Mum to two amazing boys!
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 11:16am
So update from me :P
I have my elective booked for the 25th (argh!) but I'm really freakin scared about it! wtf!
It says on the paper that i'll just walk in to theatre and they'll sort me out in there, but for some reason I've got massive nerves.
I have my pre-op appt today for the anaethesiologist guy and I dont know, I dont actually want to go for some reason. I want this baby out like you wouldnt bloody believe because i've started getting really anti about everything and I'm a bit concerned. Not gonna hurt myself or the baby or anything of course! i'm just really a not nice person for my family and my monster toddler to be around :/ I dont get depressed, I get angry.
its just, I dunno.. its costing us heaps of money for the travel to the hospital, parking, somewhere to stay overnight the night before etc etc etc. Just bla really.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:06pm
Blame it on the hormones,!
i was really scared before my 2nd c section as well, strange as i knew what to expect.
I had to change focus and concentrate on the fact this is my son's birthday and I'm gonna met him. How exctitng, how awesome!!! I focused on that rahter than the c section/ birth. I concentrated on how i would feel when i met him, what he would look like, his weigh e.t.c, what clothes i had for him to wear, what photo's i would take, e,t.c.
I thought about all these things to take my mind off the worry.

Enjoy. enjoy enjoy your time as a1 child family.
take care and try to focus on the joy, yah it's your new babies birthday on the 25th !!!!

also literally you just walk into therate and they do the rest! awesome
Kyles666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyles666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 7:38pm
HI All,

I have my first obstetrician appointment on Wednesday and want to discuss me having a c section. What are the reasons most obstetricians approve? im 26 weeks with my first and freaking out.
 Post Reply Post Reply