FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWell I think that I have a.........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well I think that I have a.........
    Posted: 01 April 2010 at 1:53am
BFP!!!!!!!!My day 14 BT is tomorrow......(well technically today as I am up at 1.40am in the morning as I can sleep drinking 'B sleepy Tea) but i caved and did a Home Preg test when I got home from work last night. The line isnt as dark as the control line but there is definatly a line..................I keep looking at it to see if it dissappears but it is still there...

Can't quite believe it.......Am trying not to get too excited until get BT results later on thursday afternoon but........Oh My Goodness!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 5:57am
Ok stated to freak out now as did another test as soon as I got up and that one is negative???????? I am really confused. Has anyone else had this happen????
Well have checked it again and there is a very very faint line there but its quite hard to see???? And the one last night is really easy to see???

Edited by kobec
anon12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 8:25am
Wow, that is exciting to have a BFP!!! Today will no doubt feel very long until you have that confirmation from the blood test, but I'm pleased you will have peace of mind by the end of the day.

I have read of someone in CPP who did many tests with them all conflicting and going through the roller coaster of emotions with it all. She ended up having a positive BT and all is going well.

I would love to say congrats and wish you all the best for the coming months, but am not sure if that is jumping the gun.
frankie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:20am
Kobec I lurk in the IVF threads occasionally and I think it was Fordy who had a BFP, then a BFN, then another BFP with a HPT. And obviously it was a BFP.

I really hope for you that this is a BFP, will be keeping fingers crossed for you!
Jennsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 10:05am
Yes it was Fordy who got conflicting results, apparently this can be due to the pessaries as they create a hormone in your body that can give a false positive.

It could also be to do with the tests themselves, apparently Discover gives the best earliest result than clear blue or crystal clear. After I learnt that I decided not to do any HPTs during my 2ww.

Kobec I so hope you get that BFP by blood test. Fingers crossed hun..
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:38pm
Thanks everyone. Well I checked them just now as just got home from work and there are definaly lines on them now to show a positive. Does it matter how long it takes for the positive line to show up.......The clinic is ringing after 4pm so hubby can be home but I am dying to ring now but will wait....

Oh yeah and it was the tests that the GP's use,,,,my lovely dr gave my 3 tests when I was there last time...

Edited by kobec
frankie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:57pm
Kobec it should say on your instruction leaflet (if you have one) but they usually say that results are not reliable after a certain period. Usually you have to read the lines within 10 minutes and anything that comes up after that can't be relied upon.That is what the Discover and Clearblue ones say on the instructions anyway.

Sorry if that bursts your bubble a little. I know your emotions must be all over the show with the "am I, aren't I thought process". I had a BFP from a HPT in the morning of my blood test, and the wait to hear from FA as to whether it was really a BFP was agonising.

Best of luck for a BFP when the clinic calls you.

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 4:29pm
OMG kobec!! I dont know if you remember me but we were TTC at the same time with clomid many moons ago! I just wanted to say It is sounding really promising and I'm so excited that you may finally have your BFP! I'll check in here later with to see the definate blood BFP!! sooooo happy for you hun!!!

asicsgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asicsgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 5:41pm
Very cool news, congrats Kobec to you and your partner, hopefully the BT will confirm it.
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 8:56pm
Yes blood test has confirmed it!!!!!!!!!!BFP.........Am still in shock I think. The clinic said they like your hcg to be 50 or more and mine is 95 so they are very pleased with that.   Thanks everyone for all your replies and hey there noodle - I do remember you definatly. How are you goin on your journey??
Ceres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:16pm
Woohoo! Super congratulations kobec!
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:32pm
YAAAYYYY Kobec awesome news hun!!! so so stoaked for you!!! wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy! you deserve it chick!

I'm good thanks got my wee 15month old little man, he is awesome. Loving being a mum so am very very blessed

Jennsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 10:03pm
Yaaay congrats Kobec - that is fantastic news. I am soooo excited for you...so all that worrying today was worth it in the end!!!!!
frankie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 3:16pm
yay Kobec - congrats!!!
mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 10:57pm
Kobec congratulations that is wonderful news, and yes I remember you off the ttc boards and it pleases my heart to see some of us long time ttc'ers get their bfps
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 2:44pm
Hey girls. Just had a call from the clinic to say that my hcg levels are at 683 so thats good news. Was feeling a bit anxious today hoping everything was ok. Man it is goin to be a long 12 weeks......(TMI but it has started early - I am having to pee every hour already...its all good tho I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!)
 Post Reply Post Reply