FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSlippery Elm powder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slippery Elm powder
    Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:10am
I was recommended this as an alternative to reflux medication.

Has anyone used it and if so 1) how did you give it to your baby? DD has just started solids, so I was thinking of mixing the powder in with the solids? and 2) did it make any difference?

DD hasn't been too bad lately, but she still makes these kind of hiccup noises and then she swallows, and it sounds like something is trying to come up, but it doesn't seem to bother her. She still cries when she goes on her back sometimes, like she's in pain, but then she's fine in her playgym on her back.

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 11:43am
I would go to a nathuropath to find out the correct dosage or go to a health store with a nathuropath that works there.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Mum_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 9:20pm
Our Paed has prescribed 1/4 tsp 2x per day (along with HEAPs of other supplements - but we are battling more than just reflux).

Ideally mix with just BM or water and spoon feed.

Be warned it can take a long time to work!
 Post Reply Post Reply