FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCar seats - extended rear facing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>
Author
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:27am
I saw that Emmi, there is going to be new prints released in September. I have just ordered a Flora cover cause its so pretty, I have the grey one a the moment and its great but I want a pretty seat! hahaha

Sponsored Links

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:43am
According to Tweedle the last ever order (limited stock) of the Ventura will be arriving in August and are expected to sell out before they arrive and they won't be releasing another cotton fabric.
mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 10:05pm
I may need to get another car seat next year because my parents are probably going to be doing some picking up and dropping off at daycare. Definitely eyeing up another Radian. Which one to pick though... hmmmm. I've got Flora already, and my mother will probably want the pink one. Haha, it's just a bit much for me, but we shall see, it's ages away.

EDIT: Oh, I see you say there will be new prints in September. Choices, choices!

Edited by MissShell
Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 12:41pm
Oh, gutted about the Ventura - that's the one we have and were hoping to get another matching one....

Edited by Delli

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 1:21pm
So pleased i got a ventura now i was dead set on the cotton. Does anyone know if they will release the ventura covers still though?
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 5:53pm
Nope I asked the lady at Tweedle and she said no more seats or covers, and no more cotton covers in any print (well thats how I read it anyway)

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 3:10pm
I was going to get the Ventura for my son but couldn't since they were sold out and then i thought he'd probably make it grubby really fast anyway since it's a light colour. So i got Nitro but i've read some not so great things about the fabric. Oh well hopefully it'll be ok!
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 10:41pm
We have the Eclipse one and its the funny material where things could easily get stuck under the fabric if you know what I mean. Luckily we haven't had any spills in it and it looks pretty easy to just remove the cover and throw in the wash.

Can you buy covers to replace or have spare?

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 11:02am
The Eclipse is the same fabric as the Nitro (i've ordered a Nitro) and yeah that's what i've heard about that fabric Kazper. Oh well if i really don't like it i'll get a different cover at some stage.

Cheeky Cherubs have the replacement covers for $109.95. Here
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 12:06pm
I have washed my Eclipse before, its super easy to take off. Yeah little bits can get in the fabric, but I just make sure that DD doesnt have any food while in her seat.

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 4:05pm
DH took the cover off yesterday for me to hand wash. He said it was quite difficult.......well he didn't use the manual at first though lol.

DD leaked through on to the cover so had to wash it, but I can't get rid of that ring like stain. No discoloration, just a mark like ring which is really annoying. Any ideas on how to get rid of it ladies?

Deb thanks for the link. I love the colour and style we chose so don't really want to have to order another, but its good knowing I can if we want to.

Wriggles we don't give DD food either, but she use to have reflux and throw up everywhere, so that was my main concern yucky spew getting stuck all through it, but so far so good.....phew!

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 7:49pm
When I washed mine I just rinsed it in a bucket with water and the ring thing come out easily. Myabe try washing it again?

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 8:43pm
Hmmmm ok will try again. Shame it takes so long to dry. Another day without a carseat.

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 9:18pm
Yeah I know it sucks ay. I just washed the bit that needed washing and then hung it above the fire to dry

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 9:07pm
Got it dry and back in the car. When I leaned on the seat to fasten the seat belt, I must have pushed moisture out cause it left a fresh wet patch. Man it really must be thick stuff.

Oh and all importantly I got the ring out

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 10:30pm
Yay well done :D

ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 3:25pm
So glad I've found this thread! TBH I never would have thought to look under 'In the News'- its one of the forums I never go to!

Is the catalogue under Child restraints.co.nz the only list of extended rear facing carseats?
We currently have an Evenflow Tribute (listed under this catalogue) but a very tall 10 month old who is nearing the height limit for rear facing. We are starting to look into other carseat options but dont really know where to start- we were lucky enough to qualify for the plunket/trusts carseat scheme in our area and we got our Evenflow seat for a $30 donation. Of course, this means that we actually haven't looked into carseats at all...
Can anyone point me in the right (at least vaguely) direction?

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 8:09pm
Hi ereynolds. There are a few rear facing car seat options out there now which is awesome.

Radian of course being one of them. The cosco is also a great seat. You can buy that almost anywhere like Warehouse and online stores.
I will ask some other mums for websites and come and post them in here for ya

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 8:21pm
http://www.tweedle.co.nz/products/244-radian-xt-sl-car-seat-eclipse.aspx

http://www.babystuff.co.nz/shop/CAR+SEATS/Carseats/Cosco+Scenera+Carseat+-+Richmond.html

http://www.babyuniverse.co.nz/product/evenflo-symphony65-convertible-car-seat-static/

Hope that helps. I'm sure there is more, but I knew of these three off the top of my head. Specials come out all the time for the Radian, so if your interested in that one you can keep an eye out for specials.

Most of us ladies in here have the Radian so we can all vouch for how amazing it is

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 9:41pm
Yup I vote for the Radian too. Totally the best money spent on DD. Cheeky cherubs also do Radians as do baby on the move (where you can go try it in your car too!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>