FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeda few silly questions!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a few silly questions!
    Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:16am

Silly question one: how / where do you store your nappies?

Silly question two: do you pre-stuff your pockets or do it as you change?

three: if you are using one hemp and one microfleece insert which one goes on top

TIA

Sponsored Links

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:42am
1. Either in a drawer in Ryan's room or the washing basket

2. I try to stuff them after washing, but sometimes I can't be bothered so I do it before putting them on. I do like having them pre-stuffed tho!

3. I only have 2-3 of hemp or bamboo ones but it's usually microfibre on the top.

The only silly question is one that isn't asked
Lisa mummy to Ryan
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:45am
i made a nappy stacker thing that hangs on my wall to store my nappies in. BUT they hardly ever get put on there, at the moment they are all on the couch in the clean washing pile.

I would recommend pre-stuffing them but also to have a few extra inserts that you could put into a pre-stuffed pocket to increase absorbency for overnight. its just so much easier than having to run around getting all the bits together when baby needs changed. When they are pre-stuffed its just like using a disposable just grab it and put it on no mucking around.

the microfibre insert goes on top. (microfleece is the soft stuff that is on the baby side of the nappy, it doesn't absorb liquid, it is a stay dry layer.)
Mama-Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama-Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:47am
I store nappies in a drawer and before in the wardrobe. But it doesn't matter where you store them!

I stuff pockets as I go or pre-stuff them if I am in the mood. Again it doesn't matter.

Just find a system that works for you.

As for hemp/mircofibre. Microfibre normally goes on top of hemp or bamboo as it faster absorbency than the hemp or bamboo - they are more absorbent but slower which is why hemp and bamboo inserts last longer than straight microfibre.
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:51am
I thought microfibre wasn't meant to go next to baby's skin? Or is that microfleece? Crap, is there a difference and how can you tell? Now I'm completely confused.

I'm a pre-stuffer. It's part of my night time ritual whilst boyfriend is giving the last feed before bed.
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
Mama-Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama-Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:52am
Microfleece is the stay layer on the top of the nappy that sits next to baby's bottom

Microfibre is the absorbent insert that goes inside the pocket - you do not want to put that next to the skin.
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:56am
Thanks guys, can you tell Ive been lazy and havent been using my cloths lately   (or if I did it was only the three AIO ittis they I ahve)  I had them in a basket on the change table but now have a lot more plus heaps of inserts and they end up spilling out everywhere!! 
flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 9:11am
1.) Both kids have pretty plastic buckets/baskets in their room, and Hollie will go and grab one when asked
2.) I'm a prestuffer
3.) Microfibre on top
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 3:01pm

Evs nappies are all on the 2nd shelf on the change table. Ryan's are in a cavas box on the dresser in his room.

I prestuff, i find it very calming to sit and stuff, fold, snap.........

microfibre on top always, as it's a faster absorber than the bamboo/hemp. The bamboo/hemp hold more though.

Not silly questions, I always have questions to ask too.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:23pm
I like to pre stuff the nappies and Im the same as Sarah, I find it very calming and relaxing, I do it while the kids are in bed during the day, or at night time.

I store them, where ever at the moment, but they will be in the bottom draw in the kids room once I get organiozed!

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 5:09pm
Jakes live in a nappy stacker and on a shelf on the change table (too many to be in one place!).

I am a prestuffer too, I hate doing it with a squirmy bubba!

I dont have bamboo, just 2 microfibre in the day and a microfibre and hemp at night.

Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 10:52pm
Ours live on top of Jude's clothes drawers in a stack.

I'm a pre-stuffer/snapper - Jude would definitely NOT stay still long enough for me to stuff or snap together a nappy.

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 12:44am
ours are all currently stacked in adeles cot - she in a bassinet in our room. then umm no Idea lol may buy some of those plastic drawers from the warehouse

I use to prestuff and since I use aio I would dome them down to the small setting and prestuff them, but lately Ive been putting them on my son who is in the larger setting (no doming down) and is needing more inserts, so I just stuff as I go
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:55am
1. In a nappy-hanger thingee that came with a quilt set

2. I stuff them after they're all dry from the wash, like to have them ready to go - then they're Dad-friendly

3. not sure, we use flats to stuff the pockets. Occasionally I will put a microfibre booster in and like to put that on top, for no particular reason
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Post Reply Post Reply