FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2011 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 570571572573574 575>
Author
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 9:14pm
Lea i think they can often grow out of those allergies tho? I know i was born lactose intolerant, but as i got older i could have about a glass of milk etc and be fine, it was when i had lots of milky stuff i got upset tums etc, so hopefully he will grow out of it fast for you, and him!
Wow growling that's pretty cool limochick!
Sponsored Links

fletch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 11:00am
Hey ladies

Well DH Dad was over from oz last week and it was great having a second pair of hands and such a great time for Gemma!! I have not been on for a while - really been trying to establish a routine - thanks for those a many pages back - I studied and tried to put one together. So far it is a rough guide - however we are both prepared for what will happen next and things are flowing easier for everyone!!

I also have a rule no computer if she is awake - which is hard as she doesn't sleep for long and therefor gets tired quickly and is grumpy - at coffee group and SPACE she is the grumpy one - but I love her.

Quick question how often is everyone feeding solids?? I have breakfast lunch and dinner.... is that too often and how do you introduce meat - how do you cook it - mince it up etc???

Well she has been asleep for an hour now - which is good - she was up for 3 hours last night - PARTY time - singing crying talking - kinda cute.

We think she is saying ta as we introduced it as she reaches for everything

right might go read back a few pages

PS what a lovely bunch of good looking babies we have!!!!! (FB photos)

CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:36pm
fletch 3x a day is perfect (then when you do more later on it is just finger food snacks) - i checked with plunket earlier this week to be sure! we "pureed" fillet steak but it was still too chunky for E. plunket said to do mince (chicken mince or beef mince) as it is much smaller so we will attempt this weekend!
Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 10:38am

Good morning, where is everyone today?  Good to have you back Fletch, sounds like you are starting to get on top of Gemma's routine.  Yes another pair of hands is always great, I am really missing my Mum this time around.  I've still only got Dylan on two meals a day (lunch and dinner) but next week I am going to introduce breakfast.  I think I originally introduced solids too soon, he would eat a little and then not want any more but now he is right into eating.  I try not to use the computer when either boy is up either unless its to show them photos or I'm waiting on an email for example.

Well had an interesting experience yesterday with Ethan that I am really  hoping is a once off.  He woke up from his afternoon nap and wandered out to the kitchen where I was just finishing putting a cake together, I explained I just had to get it in the oven and then I'd get his afternoon tea ready.  He seemed fine with that until I went to put the ingrediants away, then he totally lost the plot, started screaming at the top of his voice and went running down the hallway.  Of course, this woke up Dylan who had only been asleep for half an hour!  I eventually calmed down Ethan by bribing him with a lolly and when it became apparent Dylan wasn't going to go back to sleep reluctantly got him up.  Thankfully Dylan happily went down for a later nap. 

Dylan's new face cream is helping a little bit I think.  I am so pleased, every night this week he has gone to sleep straight away at night, slept 6 hours, woke for 1/2 hour feed then back to sleep for another 5 - 6 hours.  Its not quite sleeping through the night but hopefully he might gradually start sleeping 7 then 8 etc, he was doing 9 hours before his execema flared up three months ago so he is capable of sleeping longer!  We are off to visit a friend and her 9 month old baby  later this morning while Ethan is at preschool.  I'd been catching up with this friend every Wednesday morning (Ethan's other preschool morning) but lately we have been at the hospital every Wednesday.  So after a month of not seeing them will be good to finally catch up.  My friend makes really yummy scones so hopefully her little boy had his morning nap for her today and shes made some scones.  She made some the last time I visited but I wasn't able to eat them as was on the dairy free diet at the time so she gave some for me to take home for DH to eat and I very enviously watched him eat them!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 2:34pm

Yes, my friend did make scones, whipped up a batch of date ones while I was there, served warm with strawberry jam, yum yum, even gave me some to take home!

Very quiet on here today, is everyone hanging out on facebook these days instead?

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 3:17pm
Yup i think we all abandoned the page for the facebook group!! Poor lonely due in jan thread! YUS for scones though, i LOVE fresh scones so much. Jeleous. Great that you dont have an appointment for Dylan this week too. His sleeping sounds brilliant too, 6+6 with one wakeup is fantastic. How is Ethans sleeping going is he still getting up heaps to get in with you?
red1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 7:00pm

*Lurker in*

Sorry question for bowie-thought id ask you in here instead of other thread on how your nursing strike is going with Max did he get better????  Im going through a similar thing with our wee man, hes getting over bronchiolitis so def not feeling the best but point blank refuses boob atm, arching back and screaming throwing head back....... a real battle!!   Not wanting to leave the house once hes 100% til we get this feeding sorted, just wondering if there is light at the end of the tunnel????  Hes not on solids yet.

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 8:28pm
Bowie, Ethan has a few days of not visiting us and then he starts again, we had about 4 days in a row of Ethan free nights but I jinxed it by mentioning it to DH as he was getting into bed, which reminded him he hadn't checked to see if Ethan was under his blankets (as he moves around lots and often ends up lying sideways above his blankets).  Anyway, guess who DH met in the hallway!

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 1:23am
caughtknee - he has come right this week!! I mean, he got better and was feeding regularly but in a weird frantic 'im only doing it because i have to and i'm gonna do it as quick as i can and get it over with' kind of way for a bit but within the last week has resumed latching straight away and normal feeds thank god! There is light! I had a bath with him too and he swam up latched on and had a good feed and we had some skin to skin and that seemed to help as well, worth a try if you've got a tub?
MM2010 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MM2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 7:32am
Morning ladies!

Tyler Zane is up for OB! Baby of the Day
Please vote for him today if you can.
Sorry if you have already been bombarded with my requests earlier.

Much appreciated xx

Glamourazi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamourazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 11:40pm
Deleted since I am too vicious.

Edited by Glamourazi
sweetknights View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetknights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 9:31am
Glamourazi --- Wow that's a bit low are you sure someone kicked you out on purpose ???
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 9:39am
edited because i'm a rude bitch in the mornings

Edited by Bowie
MM2010 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MM2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 10:19am
Thank you to all who voted! YES......Tyler has won Baby of the Day because of all you lovelies! You are all amazing.

Sad to hear what is happening on Facebook & on here. You are all a lovely bunch of hot mummas & hopefully we can all be on good terms from now on.

@Glam - I hope you are okay hun & would love to catch up with Aria-Rose again. She is such a honey. Keep positive & we shouldn't be aggressive to one another.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. I will be! Hanging out the washing in this sun that has been amazing for the last few days here in Auckland Oh Domestic Goddess in the house

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamourazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 11:19am
-

Edited by Glamourazi
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamourazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 11:42am
-

Edited by Glamourazi
MM2010 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MM2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 11:57am
Yep. Just got to sort out the garage. It's mainly the kids big toys & hubby's trash :) & yep, got the vapouriser off Trade Me. Well bought two, 1 for my eldest son & one for Tyler. They really do work & the best thing is that I bought off a pharmacy which is in our area. So didn't need to go into Central or get it couriered. Score!

Enjoy your day out & hope we can all settle things like adults & forgive & forget.

Chin up & hugs to Aria!

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamourazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 3:34pm
Ooh good score, I think ours is from around your way too MM and reasonably priced too.

Ahh not looking forward to moving again soon.

Had a nice arvo visiting my sister out in Taipa beach but was a bit windy outside and didn't want Aria around all the school children - Theres some nasty gastro virus going around the Far North.
My sister was telling me some stories about babies born in caul / their sac still attached. That is so amazing. I haven't actually heard of anyone I know that has had a baby born in caul.

And nah I don't trust a few from here now which is unfortunate so will be ignoring their comments, too many hypocrites, followers on bandwagons and not a fan of being told what to do and how I should communicate online. So they can save their patronising vindictive comments for someone else! Thanks

Toodles.
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 6:35pm
I've known these girls for over a year now....since we were all pregnant and started this thread. I have never seen vindictive comments until those I saw posted about one of us being twofaced etc.

Although I rarely post in this forum much anymore I do hope that the thread we all started so long ago returns to the supportive caring place I feel it has been.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamourazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 8:41pm
Well you are entitled to your opinion thats fine. But I do refuse to let you try and turn the vindictive comment around on me. You have obviously missed few of the facts. I call it as I see it and if people aren't ok with that tough cookie. And it is upsetting somebody wants to play games but really at end of the day it is no skin off my nose!

Sorry this is the internet and I do not trust these people with my life unless I have met them in person but I do trust them with great advice about babies, experiences etc.

Real girlfriends actually let their other girlfriends have a good blowout when something is not right whatever it maybe and are understanding.

I have been around here for around a year too not necessarily posting alot but reading some great posts with advice and experiences of their pregnancy & babes.

Also your comment about being in the Alias list, You obviously didn't even read it to notice I was already there and didn't actually prevent any 'risk' of being deleted.

Please don't take anything I said out of context and sorry if I have offended but I am only human!

And yes I do hope this place returns to the lively atmosphere it once was not too long ago.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 570571572573574 575>