FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2011 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 572573574575>
Author
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 2:49pm
haha tit feeding society. I would recommend LLL to almost anyone. They are quite nice and helpful, and there is always a cake. I was really afraid they would all be hairy woman living in buses planning to chain themselves to formula stands in supermarkets or something but nah, they're normal. There are a few preggos at mine that formula fed their eldest but want to bf the new baby and no one says anything derogetory about them, its more 'oh we understand the difficult choices you faced last time - how can we help you avoid those problems this time' which is pretty handy. And you can go in with random questions and everyone throws their experience out there and since one woman has 9 kids - NINE - she's had a bit of bfeeding experience under her belt!
Sponsored Links

Hayz001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayz001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 2:51pm
Haha Minxy you have another secret stalker here too and just had to pop in when I saw your name (i prefer the term 'fan' however). Just wanted to see how you and the Wolf man are getting on, hoping he's treating you well and you're feeling good etc etc.

ok i'm leaving now as i'm sounding truly sad and a little odd

Edited by AngieBaby
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 2:59pm
Aw man Hayz - how cute are YOU! All good here, the Wolfie still hasn't gone back to STTN yet but at least he is getting closer to it. No more 6 wakes in the night (well, touch wood). He is a DELIGHT during the day and am loving being a SAHM this time around. How about little Isla? She's almost 6 months too! Can you believe it? xxxxxxxxxx
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 5:14pm

Just was going to say that I'm the same re solids Islandgirl, essentially lazy and no rush if they're happy eh. Probably will try after 6 month mark. And Faffer, I like the LLL meetings here, they're pretty nice people. Let me know if you want to go anytime. Was great seeing you and Anna. Will hopefully post those pics and reply to my actual thread tomorrow when I have more time! Ok

Edited by AngieBaby
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 6:33pm
I totally feel like an internet celebrity now - thanks Hayz

Also, i enjoy that like 80% of the posters in this thread are feb baby mommas. I like that you lurk as as much as i lurk you guys

ALSO i think i am going to convince Max to co-sleep at last! (totally going the opposite way to everyone else trying to get babies OUT of their beds!)
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Bowie Bowie wrote:

ALSO i think i am going to convince Max to co-sleep at last! (totally going the opposite way to everyone else trying to get babies OUT of their beds!)

I'm forever trying to get Shiloh to sleep in bed with me! Little madam is too independent for her own good
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 8:01pm
Max too. He seriously just does not want to be held at the moment. He plants his feet and goes like a plank on an angle (if that makes sense) and just won't sit and cuddle. Then you put him on the ground and he's like wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle grizzle why the hell arent i moving grizzle wiggle. And at night he just does not want snuggling but its cold and i want to snuggle him!
queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:09pm
Swap ya bowie!!!

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 10:25pm
Ha Bowie,once (read 2 years ago) I was voted funniest person on OhBaby,guess you're replacing me :-P
( I didn't necessarily agree with them btw,just what the majority said,but afterwards I felt so much pressure to always be funny )

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 11:05pm
It was your singing too, Kelly and the ability to defuse a ridiculous heated argument about BF/Immunisation/Cicumcision/Termination/Whatever people were ranting about that particular day
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 11:32pm
wanna know a secret Blondy? I used to "sing" so that the arguments would keep going ;-)

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:31am
haha and TheKelly- you are freakin hilarious! when we were TTC at the same time i know after getting yet another BFN, and when i was going through learning about my PCOS etc, every time i came online there'd be something on there from you that would crack me up, regardless of my crappy mood and itd make my day you rock chikky x x and YES to diffusing the conflicts too!!
Bowie, you are awesome too btw x x your posts make me giggle when i come on here too
as for solids, meh, just do it when you are ready. I didnt start Maddy until she was about 5 and a half months, and now she is on 3 meals a day, but her breastfeeds havent lessened (which is good coz i love being able to feed her, not ready to stop yet! ) ive only just started lunches last week though- more for my sanity than hers, shes so interested in everything i couldnt sit in a cafe and have a coffee in peace anymore- she got too jealous of my food and wanted some and started having tantys every lunchtime lol

ooh if you havent thought of it- and im not a fan of store bought babyfood personally, so i make rusks with a bit of bread (crusts cut off) smear it with a bit of marmite, then roll it up really tight and microwave it for a minute on a paper towel. when it cools it goes rock hard but kind of disintegrates slowly as bub sucks on it- Maddy LOVES them! i make a few and keep them in a snaplock bag in the cupboard now for when we go out etc..

righto better get ready for the day, am going to go to the material shop and get some stuff and attempt sewing my own bibs! call me crazy but i thought it was worth a shot..

Edited by AngieBaby
Liv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:06am
Those rusks sound great Soda, will have to test them in a week or so when I get my microwave fixed!

It doesn't improve with age Bowie, at the moment Holly is refusing to wear nappies and refusing to use the toilet! Sigh.

And Taylor eats like a spaz, grabbing the spoon, sucking it and the food, getting his hands in the way, sucking his thumb and getting food everywhere but down his throat. You'd think one out of the three kids would have been a fussy little neat freak (like me) but no
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:34am
Good Lord Liv, lucky you have a tiled lounge, right??

Those rusks do sound awesome! Did you know you can get baby marmite (its less salty) not that i think you're harming maddie with normal marmite just thought it was interesting!! I will require more detailed instructions though i'm afraid. Oh and i will add you on FB. Then assemble a wizzengamot to vote. I hope you're a harry potter fan or that'll sound a bit odd!

Kelly, you are still the funniest person on OB, i just have too much spare time.
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 4:11pm
What days do LLL meet Spacette? I've signed up for the big latch on too so will see you there anyway.

Oooh Bowie, can you put me up as a nominee to be voted onto your fb island too. Will miss all you guys too much if you all disappear Renee Brunton on fb.

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 8:59pm
FAFFER WE HAVE THE SAME NAME I LOVE YOU
SiennasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiennasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:16pm
Liv Taylor & Zavier would not be good in a restaurant together. I have the same problem, Zave has to have a thumb in his mouth between EVERY mouthful then he rubs it in his eye, over his face, in his hair, all over his clothes. And he grabs the spoon, tries to get it in his mouth but smears it everywhere in the process, chokes because he pushes the spoon too far into his mouth so then spits it out. Thank god SK gave me a couple of those full body bib things so he wears them if I'm feeding him before we go out!

Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Bowie Bowie wrote:

FAFFER WE HAVE THE SAME NAME I LOVE YOU

All the Renee's I know are fabulous so I think I love you too

SM, B's an arm flinger/thumb sucker too. We're starting solids next week and I just bought 3 long sleeve bib things. Sounds like they're going to come in handy.

Liv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 6:23pm
SM I am so jealous of your full body bibs. I am seriously considering feeding him in the nud. And trying to get food out of eyelashes? Geez. On the plus side he has been eating "afters" with us. I fed him his dinner, then when we have ours he has finger food off my plate, he LOVES it. Last night he had a couple of home made chicken nuggets - destroyed them! And tonight some strands of spaghetti and a teeny bit of mince bolognaise. Not a lot gets down his throat, but he has an awesome time destroying it and trying to eat it.
fletch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 1:00pm
Hi all - please don't forget to vote for Gemma Jade for baby of the day today!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 572573574575>