FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLate Walkers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late Walkers
    Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:35pm
DD is 16 1/2 months now and still NOT walking.

She has taken up to 10 steps here and there, she will walk with her trolly but she wont really hold our hands for us to help her.

Did anyone elses babies walk late?

She is such a fast crawler now so i guess that is why she isnt in a rush to walk.
Sponsored Links

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:04pm
Yeah Chelsea's still not walking at 15months. She also walks with her trolley, and will hold my hand to walk (sometimes) and walk round furniture etc. But only takes a couple of steps to get to something, but usually just gets down and crawls as it's much faster!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:30pm
Yep my oldest didn't walk until 18.5 months, he would happily walk pushing his fire truck walker thing along. He took his first step on the 4th dec and then didn't take anymore until xmas day, then he was off.

Within a week of walking he was running and jumping.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:11pm
Yup, Daniel sounds the same as your one. Nothing stops him now, hes a speed demon.
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:37pm
Don't worry.

DS took a few steps at 16 months, then if you mentioned the word walk, he promptly sat down, then at 17 months he pretty much took off - and hasn't stopped since.

16 months isn't late, I think if they get to 2 they consider that unusual, but it'll happen way before then

][/URL]

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:17pm
18.5 months here and Jody *just* took her first 2 steps last night

eta, is that Eric under your ticker? Yum...

Edited by Chickoin
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:27pm

Yes my son was a late walker too!  Once he started though he was onto it pretty quickly

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:28pm

Don't worry I didn't walk till 18 months.

Brooke is almost 16 mths and has been walking for just over a month.  She first walked on 11 April, but didn't try it again for a fortnight after that.  She's was more interested in pushing her trolley along.  Now she's just about running - it's so amazing how fast they progress once they get the hang of it. 

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:31pm
Henry didn't walk until 17months, he could walk not that he ever showed us, just chose not to because it was faster to crawl. He pretty much went straight to running He had been standing since 10months so I was confident he would be walking before kiara arrived but nope.
Can't stop him now, just to note he also has really good balance. Someone asked me randomly yesterday if he had crawled for a while. Apparently that improves balance and coordination.
Southlandmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southlandmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:51pm
my daughter has just gone 20months and shes just started walking the last 2-3weeks, my boys both walked at 13mths old,
Cindy - Princess and Princes
Samia Isobel Joy born 9th September 2008
Spencer Graeme John born 29th May 2006
Kaylin Gavin Robert born 19 December 2004
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Chickoin Chickoin wrote:

eta, is that Eric under your ticker? Yum...

Yes he is a spunk, im just getting reason for season 3 hehe

Thanks all for your comments
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:12am
I have yet to hear of a toddler that walked as late as mine at... 27 months old! She is two years 9 months now and you'd never know as she walks and runs like she's been doing it forever!
Lou
jacobsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 7:24pm
Jacob took his 1st step when he was 17mths and then started walking at 18mths old
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 10:00pm
Jayden was over 18 months by the time he walked, he started walking on his knees! I thought it was never going to happen!
[/url]
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 7:54pm
think of how cleaver the babies will be from all that crawling.....using both sides of the brain and all....my girl still crawls....she will climb on to the table with no fair but is scared to walk........
 Post Reply Post Reply