FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmisoprostol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: misoprostol
    Posted: 28 May 2010 at 6:41pm

Edited by jjands
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 7:29pm
I had it with Jared. I had no side effects from having it.

Can't give ya much advice with the hurt part as my experience was much different to what you will have. Mine was full on labour as he was 22w.

Glad that someone is finally doing something for you though!
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 7:44pm
I had it given to me orally about 30 minutes before my D&C which was 3 weeks ago. I had no pain whatsoever from it. Some people get bad cramping just like bad AF pain and some people get nausea or vomiting (which I was told was quite rare). Were you given a info booklet about it? You should have been, and they can only give it to you if you give your written consent. I had bad cramping the day after but was also told that was from my uterus shrinking back down. They gave me pain killers for the day after which I took and then I slept most of the morning the following day.

In terms of how long you might be in hospital, I was booked in for 2.30pm and my DH was able to take me home by about 4.45pm. Hope I helped. Apart from your GP have you been referred to see any other doctor like a gyne?
Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 7:55pm

Edited by jjands
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 8:02pm
GL to you too!
Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 7:41pm
I had the miso treatment, baby died 8-9w but I was supposed to be about 14w.
Had 4 pills (?800mg) vaginally about 11am, started getting crampy around 3pm. 4-5 pm was quite uncomfortable, maybe cos of the time past since I'm forgetting a bit. The hospital prescribed paracetamol and codeine, but I didn't take any at all - not trying to be heroic, just didn't occur at the time (you're not always thinking too straight at times like that!)
I remember having diarrhoea and on the loo every 5 mins, bleeding increased around this time. I got REALLY cold too - we pulled the oil heater into the bathroom on an extension lead to help with this!

waters broke and I passed the baby at 5pm (quite rare, apparently, to see it. I was hoping to though, as I didn't want her to just go down the toilet) but then bleeding for the next 5 hours. And I mean BLEEDING. Lots of clots. Every 20 mins like clockwork.
I started getting a little scared after a few hours of this, quite dizzy and wondering whether I should go into hospital. Lying down helped. as did chocolate and lots of it. Bleeding continued the next day/week, but nothing like what I had that day. I was very VERY weak the day after, couldn't get anything together at all and basically didn't eat etc (DP went back to work), so I would totally recommend having some easy food put aside for you the next day or so.

I hope you don't see this post as TMI, as I just mean to convey how it was for me. Everyone is slightly different. Before I had miso I read EVERYTHING on the net on other peoples experiences that I could find. There was a really good thread on the pregnancyloss.info discussion boards which gave me a really good idea of what to expect, I had it bookmarked, but in the time since it seems those boards are no longer in use.

Basic advice:
get lots of pads - budget ones are fine
have someone present with you for the 24-48 hours if possible, meals/drinks and meds if needed
Take your painkillers in advance if you have a low pain threshold
Have some food left for you, or options, ie cereal, microwavable stodge or something

I had a follow up scan 3 days later too, to check everything was out.

And last, but definitely NOT least, am very sorry for your loss and that you are going through this
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 9:43am
Just saw this hun. Was thinking about you this morning for some reason and I found this thread. Spooky!

Glad you finally got some help. Good on you for putting your foot down with your GP. All the best for today and hope you have a speedy recovery.

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 10:42am

Edited by jjands
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 11:02am
Just think about it as something you have to go through to get to the other side and start healing.

I cried almost every day for the 4 1/2 months I was bleeding. I think I was sinking into depression - its hard to believe you'll ever be back to normal while you're in the midst of it. But as soon as I passed the last of the retained products and stopped bleeding I started feeling better (emotionally as well as physically) really quickly.

GL for Thursday x

spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 8:50pm
oh poos, I totally didn't intend to make you feel WORSE about it, just wanted to be upfront. I really didn't find it THAT bad, as I mentioned, I didn't bother with pain killers!
It really is different for everyone; some people it sounds worse than what I went through, some people sail through it.

I chose the miso because I did not want a D&C if I could help it. I can't really formulate a good reason, as going to sleep, waking up and its all (kinda) over seems to be an ok way. Maybe the knowledge of what happens during D&C?
Yes, being at home was better, I feel. I kinda joke (as much as you can, about this stuff) that at least I got a home birth. I think I relaxed more in my own space. the option to stay in hospital was there, but we live 2 mins drive from it anyway, so getting back to it if I needed help wasn't an issue.
Of course, if you are in hospital, someone else gets to clean up your mess, but I'm quite private and that would have bothered me. Plus the shared bathroom was across the corridor from my room, which would have been another issue, less private

Please please don't be scared by what I wrote.
I don't see it as a particularly horrific experience. Yes it wasn't pleasant, but what part of mc is? If it happened again (god forbid) I would opt for miso again; if it really was a shocker I wouldn't be saying that.

the midwives who dealt with me acknowledged that you really don;t believe there can be that much blood till you do miso, I kinda wanted to get that across here. Its ok.Its manageable, totally. Maybe 1-2 hours where it really was a bit weird, which I always kinda expected labour to be like anyway, kinda in my own zone going with what my body is doing
shellgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 10:33pm
I had the 4 pills vaginally in hospital, had to lie there for an hour and then we went home. About 3 hours later the cramping started and probably about 5 hours the bleeding. The cramping was controlled well with panadol and codeine.

The bleeding was very very heavy for a start (lasted that way for about 3 hours) and I think i felt the bubs pass, but didn't see it.

For me too, I had it because I didn't want D&C. Am very pleased with that decision still.

The other thing was that I had done lots of crying when we found the bubs wasn't going to make it and I felt calmer by the time I had the misoprostal (ten days later), but it hit really hard again a couple of days afterwards so be prepared for that, especially with the hormone changes.

Really sorry for your loss and I hope it goes as well as it can on Thursday.

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 8:39am

Edited by jjands
shellgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 9:36am
I hope this might be it for you jjands. I would have preferred no intervention, but hopefully my post conveyed that it wasn't too bad physically if you do still need it.

It is a shame you can't go home.

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 3:39pm

Edited by jjands
jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 4:04pm

Edited by jjands
shellgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 6:11pm
Pleased it seems to be over jjands. Good luck for when/if you start the TTC journey again.

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 1:18pm

Edited by jjands
tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 2:03pm
If it's any consolation I had similar problem after my last m/c, almost 4mths of bleeding, & it was the 12day course of provera that my ob/gyn prescribed that finally fixed things. Fx'd everything comes right for you, it isn't fun & it's definitely not fair.
jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 2:07pm

Edited by jjands
Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 9:59am
I had a D&C the first time round but kept spotting born for 3 months. I went back to the Doc who got me a scan - turned out i had retained products I took misoprostol at the hospital but it didnt really do anything so had to have another D&C. Was aweful especailly as you thought you had done all that healing in between only to start again!

Hopefully thats not the case for you but best to get everything checked out and if needed cleared out to make everything safe for the next baby

Angel baby - May 2008
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>