FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCrappy Sleepers Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
E&L+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E&L+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 10:06am
I have hardly any caffine. No tea or coffee, and only the occassional coke.
Sponsored Links

fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 2:28pm
I'm in!

I went back to work when Sebastian was 6 months old. He was a dream sleeper up till that time. But in the past 3 months hes had 4 bouts of bronchilatis (sp?), 3 hospital admissions, a ear infection that we've tried 4 different antibiotics for but is still there and now has chicken pox. So broken sleep is common place in our household at the moment. I'm still working full time so feel like a zombie most of the time. The last two nights the only thing I've found that will settle him is the disney playhouse channel on tv. So for the last two nights he and I have dozed on and off on the lounge floor in front of the tv.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 6:18pm
i have to come back soon and read this..Liam has always done 45mins sleeps in day and 6-8 then 4 at night but last four have been every two hours...omg:( it sucks so bad.!

i drink a fair amount of caffeine but pretty sure that makes no difference if anything when i dont its worse lol..

Not a good sleeper when preg and so I'm knackered now..i get so irritated at DH sleeping soundly while I'm up all the time.. he had 100ml formula yesterday(before then wont take bottle) and slept longer not sure if coincidence as today he has been sleeping well too.... though good day sleep seems to be crap night sleep...grr:(

I just read yours mamanee same as Liam good day bad night etc! and he's still so young i havent really tried much resettling.. the only good thing is he has started self settling most of the time thank goodness..rocking was hard.. sometimes during the day i had to but never at night thank goodness...(better make another post i guess) :)
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 6:21pm
with number one i wouldnt let him cry with number two i dont mind a few mins but cant let him wake number one lol.. though he isnt here tonight so might see how we go...
Mum to two amazing boys!
Disco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by chelle chelle wrote:

Originally posted by Disco Disco wrote:

Originally posted by chelle chelle wrote:

I'm in too! Just when things seemed to be settling down and we were getting better nights AND better days he decided he'd rather wake up lots and go back to catnaps only.   V and coke are my friends.

But on the bright side it was a great bargaining tool for getting DH to go out and get takeaways even though he's cooked the last 4 nights.

i noticed that when i gave up drinking all drinks with caffeine in them, and for me that was coke, things got better, the caffeine in them was just too much for DD. it was hard for me as it was a pick me up when i was really tired. She was waking a couple of times a night.

Now i don't drink any fizzy drinks and we sleep from 7pm - anywhere from 5am- 7am.

i occassionally have a coke now and she always wakes up when i do. just a thought!

may the sleep fairy visit you all as I know how hard it is! i just had 6 months of it.

disco

I'm FF though so pretty sure it doesn't affect him

definitely not that then, thank god for v and coke then :)
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 9:49pm
Far out, I thought I was the only one!

Originally posted by mamanee mamanee wrote:

You know you're sleep deprived when 4-5 hours in a row would be pure bliss!

That's me! Would kill for that. I would love to have just DH and me in the bed at night as well!

Jack has never been a good sleeper, has only ever slept through a handful of times but I can cope with 1-2 brief wake ups to return him to bed. But Ben is teething, cutting about 5 teeth from what I can see and hasn't been sleeping well for weeks, or is it months? Day sleeps are good at the moment but evenings and nights are cr*p. It has been 2hrs since I got him to sleep tonight and I have already resettled him 3 times. He will end up in our bed (before or just after I go to bed) and will wake several times and I will feed him back to sleep as it is the quickest and easiest. At some stage in the night Jack will crawl into our bed, I will be so tired I won't notice. So it will be a cramped night again, Ben sleeps in the middle between DH and I, Jack squishes in and shares my pillow . I think Jack just wants to be with everyone else. Once Ben starts sleeping better again I will start returning Jack to his bed at night but at the moment it just seems too hard.

Ok rant over!
Hope everyone gets a good nights sleep i.e. 4hrs in a row!
Lindsey

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 11:39pm
I'm still a member of this club nearly 13mths on.....

I can count on one hand the number of times DS has slept through the night. On a good night he wakes once or twice, otherwise it's 4-5x. I'm kinda use to the sleep deprivation now.
erinalba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinalba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 7:07am
I'll join you girls too. Briannah is up 4 or 5 times a night for a feed, and the witching hour is between 4 and 6am when I usually pop her in bed with me. Day sleeps have been pretty shocking lately too. I'm usually in bed at around 7.30 to 8pm because I'm so tired and it gives me a little extra broken sleep. Nice to know I'm not alone.
Sue
See my blog www.gojandal.com/wubboo

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 9:05am
Originally posted by erinalba erinalba wrote:

I'm usually in bed at around 7.30 to 8pm because I'm so tired and it gives me a little extra broken sleep.

Me too! I never thought this would still be the case as we approached 6 months! I want to feel like a grown up again. Sigh.

We had a brilliant sleep on Friday night. I got 3 hours in a row, TWICE! With only a 35 minute wakeup in between.
Then last night was back to awful. Up every hour, and then from 2-4 am. I brought her back to our bed at 1, but that didn't help.

Does anyone else get the impression their babies are up because they are uncomfortable? It seemed like DD had a really sore tummy last night, but it often does. She's exclusively BF, and I eat a pretty limited diet to try and keep her happy, but it seems crazy that she'd be so sensitive. Friday showed me once again that if she's comfy, she's actually not a bad sleeper.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 9:26am
Aww sorry to hear about all the shocking nights!

We were up about 4 times last night as Jamie now has a cold and his nose was all stuffed up.

I was in there with the pamol, the nose drops, the vix in a bowl of hot water.   Rocking, patting, etc for a while.

I remember it being about 5AM and he woke again and I nearly cried because he'd only been asleep for about half an hour!   I put his dummy back in fully expecting to be up again in a few minutes but the next thing I knew it was 9AM!   So we got four hours!    Sam is away with his grandparents and father so I would have been up with him at about 7:30AM otherwise so I'm thankful for the little sleep I got!

T-Rex, Jamie often looks uncomfortable and will try to drift off to sleep but make noises at the same time like he's not happy.   
E&L+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E&L+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 2:30pm
We were the same last night 4 or 5 times I can't clear her nose as she gets all upset.

I fed her in bed last night and kept falling asleep without putting her back. DP woke me up and said you have to take her back to bed or I'll roll on her. Grrr he could've picked her up and taken her back without making me do it! But he has man flu so can't complain too much.
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 8:06am
Esme, we had pushed our bed up against a wall, so that when I brought DD back to bed, she'd go against the wall, then me between her and DH, so that he can't roll on her. It was still a bit cramped though, so now we've pushed the spare single bed between our bed and the wall so we have a massive bed, even if it's got a bit of a lump at the join. DH and I still sleep in our bed normally, but if we need to bring DD in, I'll often put her in the single bed and feed her to sleep, then roll out into our bed once she's asleep. If she's too crotchety for that, then DH gets in the single bed and DD and I sleep in the big bed. It's meant that we all get a better sleep when she's in with us.

We had another good sleep again last night

Only up 3 times, and never for more than an hour. I think we are finally starting to master the reflux. Plus a while ago I put a big effort into getting her attached to a cuddly bunny toy, but didn't think I'd got anywhere, so when I lost it, I didn't bother looking for it. It's been gone maybe 2 weeks. But I found it again on Friday, and she seemed so pleased to see it, and since then we've had 2/3 good sleeps! So she must have been attached to it after all and it's certainly helping her self-settle. I love Elizabeth Pantley I've just been on Trademe and bought a spare now, so we can have one at daycare and one a home.

Enough from me... I hope I'm the only up so far on this miserably rainy queens birthday
Cassie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 8:41am
okay, I'm signing up! Lauren has always been a crappy sleeper, and I'm beginning to think she always will be. I can count on two hands the number of nights she's slept for 8hrs solid, and only once ever did she do an 11 hour stretch - only because she was so exhausted I think!

Such a difference from Ivy who has always been a really fantastic sleeper... baby is due in just a couple of weeks now and at least I can say that it can't actually be worse than Lauren! lol I'm so used to being woken multiple times a night that sometimes I wake up when L doesn't these days, just waiting for it to happen.... plus I'm not sleeping the best right now anyways, even when I'm knackered.

DH sleeps through everything. Because of this he can't actually put Lauren back to sleep because she just won't go to him for that, and I can't afford for her to wake up her big sister too much because then she's grumpy and very difficult to manage. Fun times! I am holding onto the hope that the new baby seems to sleep better in-utero. Lauren used to startle at every noise, where as if this one is sleeping, it stays sleeping. Fingers crossed right?

I wish I could say that all of your babies will magically be better sleepers soon, but I haven't found that to be the case with mine. I know it won't last forever though, so I'm hanging in there and doing what I can. You just do the best you can right?

Hang in there ladies!

For the record, Lauren is still in our bed (it was the only way I could get any sleep initially, and well, its snuggly lol DH and I both actually like having her there), and is still BF. I still feed her to sleep when she is having a really hard time falling asleep, though not all the time anymore. Some kids just seem to loathe sleep and will do anything to avoid it - she's one of them!
~Cassie~
FayeG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FayeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 1:03pm
I'll join. Up till DS was 5months he was a pretty good night sleeper, waking once per night if that. Now OMG last night up every 2 hours, the night before every 4 hours the night before he slept 10pm - 7am, the night before 9pm -4am, feed then back to bed till 9am. So our sleeps are so different every night. I find I do feed him when he wakes, but when its every few hours its snack feeding, which I should stop, but when you are tired, DH needs his sleep etc so you try to limit the crying, a quick feed and DS back to sleep. I dont have a set bedtime, maybe I should. Our routine is sleep, feed, play. I find if DS goes to bed 7pm ,he wakes every 45min - hour till 10pm. Quite often he wakes an hour after going to bed. He goes to bed awake and takes himself to sleep... so I'll join this club and keen to hear any tips.... very jeleous of a friends baby who is just older than DS and sleeps 6pm - 5am every night without fail!!!
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 9:41pm
Ooh can I join this club? Yes my baby is almost 16months old, but she's never been very good at sleeping

I should be in bed after our terrible night last night, but she woke up 1.5hrs ago and is not planning on going to bed any time soon
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:01pm
i must say after reading this we are lucky with number one..he has phases of waking but can always be resettled quickly.. and most nights does 12 hours straight.. number two i have implemented routine eat and sleep times and now no rocking and much better sleep..far out..:)

number one has never been in our bed..we tired a few times but he wasnt interested so i think that does help..cause i used to do that all the time to my parents cause it was warmer and much better with company:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
E&L+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E&L+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:10pm
Unfortunately pushing the bed up against the wall won't work, and he wakes me up even if she is on my side of the bed. (I sleep with my arm around her and she doesn't move when asleep).

But last night was kind of an improvement. One of her wake ups she didn't want a feed so I managed to resettle her (after 30 minutes of cuddles) so hopefully that'll help with the waking tonight!
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:19pm
I'll have to join this club - Cam is 16 months and still waking 3-4 times a night. Kali - sounds like he is just like Lauren; he co-sleeps with us too, just cause its so much easier!

T-Rex, if you think your little girl is uncomfortable with a sore tummy, she just might be. Campbell has a sensitive digestive system, and occasionally still has tummy upset issues at night. You could try probiotics, which may help.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:51pm
I know I shouldn't say it but it is comforting to know that so many other people have crappy sleepers! All my CG seemed to have no problems getting their kids to sleep though.

Nights are getting a little better here since Ben's teeth have started cutting, a molar, a canine and a bottom tooth from what I can see/feel in the last week. He is still up at least twice in the nigh plus once before I go to bed, but this is better than it was. Plus he has spent most or all of the last few nights in his cot rather than his bed.
Now I just have to get Jack to stop sneaking into our bed, he has got good at it and I hardly notice most times! I think I returned him to his bed a few times last night but gave up when I found he had returned yet again!
Lindsey

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 10:27pm
*waves as she walks in* My miss nearly two is STILL a terrible sleeper. I'm up with her 4 or 5 times a night still..... and to really help things, she's dropping her day naps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>