FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVBAC roll call? (for ease of lurking LOL)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 31>
Author
vixgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 9:14pm
Congrats Emmi, what a great vbac story... I'm 6 weeks away now eeeekkkk

Sponsored Links

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 9:16pm
Trex, I know! If I had have had them broken/synto etc I could have avoided having a christmas baby... hmm maybe I should have! (bahahahaha!) I still cant believe they even suggested it (especially with a scar.. stupid OB!)
I had a double dose (since it was ment to be for c sect), no idea really, but it wasnt hard, I didnt need the support to walk (although was good to have them there JIC!). The contractions didnt hurt but it was really funny as I would still try and poo (sorry TMI!) randomly!

Thank you Its so nice to share my story and have others encouragement

Yep MW said when 3rd VE and not much progress she would have suggested a transfer, not sure how strongly she would have suggested it, I think I would have preferred to have waited a bit longer but depends on mental state too. I think I am glad I wasnt planning a HB as I think I would have been disapointed it didnt go to plan, and since this was way better than I imagined my hospital birth going its extra good (well thats what I think anyway). I still love it, and would def be keen on a HB next time, but not sure how the PPH and big baby/getting stuck would impact on things (its on my list of questions to ask MW next week)

Thanks Talias mum I cant wait to hear your story!

+1 May 09 Angel
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 9:17pm
Exciting Vix!! I am actually jealous you get to have a baby soon! How are you feeling?

+1 May 09 Angel
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 8:04am
Wow Em - I can't believe how close you got to having a c-section! Thank goodness you managed to get bubs out in time. Great read, and I hope I get to add my story soon.

I randomly recieved a letter in the mail yesterday telling me I had an OB appointment on the 5th (at a really inconvenient time too) - not very happy about that, but I guess once you're in the system you can't avoid it. I'm considering calling up and cancelling it - I wonder if I'd get in trouble

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 11:39am
Yep, I actually thought I was having one, still cant believe I birthed her!! And didnt even need forceps or anything either in the end!

Weird about your letter! Did your MW say she was going to refer you? Cos you shouldnt be seeeing the OB unless your MW put in a referral? Do you know who your booked in to see? (just cos Im curious )

+1 May 09 Angel
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 8:29pm
I've seen the backup midwife for the last 2 times and she said I hadn't been refered for an appointment... who knows! I'll rock along and see what they have to say - it might be interesting... might... hehe

It appointment letter says I'm seeing Dr Maharaj Team (I'm assuming Team is not the last name!) at Kene.

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 8:34pm
I think he did my c section? I recognise his name.
Weird that she says they didnt refer you.. Will she go with you?
Hehehe interesting it could be!! I have to admit both OB appointments I ended up having were way tamer than I thought they were going to be.. not that I really questioned much till the 2nd one (which was when I saw the OB the day I was ment to be induced)

+1 May 09 Angel
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 9:05pm
I assume she wont be going with me - I'm seeing the backup midwife again on the 4th so I'll see if I can get some clarification then. I'll let you know how I get on

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 9:31pm
they really didnt give you much warning did they? (just realised the date!)
and dont let them scare or bully you

+1 May 09 Angel
vixgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 4:41pm

Originally posted by Emmi_ Emmi_ wrote:

Exciting Vix!! I am actually jealous you get to have a baby soon! How are you feeling?

Not feeling too bad, more worried about what's going to happen to DD while I'm in hosp than I am the actual birth... Should get OB appt soon, really want to get that and the discussion of monitoring whilst in labour out the way. MW not too sure of babies position at last appt lets hope he's head down and not breech like his sister  

Emmi just a quick ques, what would the problem have been with them breaking your waters? I know there can be a higher risk of rupture with induction is that why? Sorry for asking just wasn't too sure...

vixgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 4:42pm
Amy good luck with the OB appt, let us know how you go

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 6:47pm
I just wanted them to break naturally, let labour follow its natural progression. Breaking your waters can make your contractions a lot more intense. Also with DD they started off my induction with breaking the waters (since I was already 3 cm), and her head was in a bad position, since I was being induced the contractions were just trying to force her poorly positioned head down, resulting in it swelling and not doing too much else, so I felt that if I left mine to go naturally then baby would have as much chance to have a good positioned head as possible (since once they are broken there isnt the room or fluid to help them reposition themselves, making it way harder to do so). I also didnt mind if baby was born in the caul (I think the next one will be, I doubt my waters will ever break naturally)
There is also the risk of cord prolapse with AROM, and infection (also why I didnt really want any VEs, especialy after waters had gone).
There are a few pages that come up if you do a google of riaks of AROM if you wanted to find out more. To me it was just another intervention that I didnt want if it wasnt necessary, but I am happy I had them done when I did, since nothing much was happening, and baby was still too high to do anything with

+1 May 09 Angel
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 7:49pm
It's kind of like, with waters intact, bub is contained in a big balloon of fluid and even though the contractions put pressure on the balloon, bub can still *swim* around inside it. So if it's in a less-than-ideal position, it has the space to manoeuvre into a better position. With my second DD, she was posterior for most of labour, but because my waters were intact, neither my MW or I were particularly worried - although it did hurt to have such a long transition as we waited for bub to turn around. The relief when she did was awesome! My waters with her broke on my first push, they'd done their job.

With my first DD, my waters ruptured first of all, and although it was a hind leak, I lost most of the fluid in early labour. DD1 had her head on a less than ideal angle and so she didn't impact the cervix the way she should have and the contractions never really got co-ordinated. You can imagine being in a deflated balloon would be a lot harder for her to reposition herself as the balloon would be all clingy and squashy against her. Pretty much whatever position she was in when the waters went, that's how she was stuck.

Hopefully that balloon analogy makes sense?

The other bonus for me was that cos waters broke once I was pushing, they had moderate meconium in but a transfer was out of the question at that point cos bub was well on her way. She was born 11 minutes later anyway, so no time to worry about it either!
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 8:36pm
Oh yay Emmi!! Huge congrats on the birth of your newest little girl and also on getting your VBAC, sounds like you did an awesome job chick!

vixgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 9:07pm

Thanks ladies,  I was aware of the fluid making it easier for bubs to move etc I just wasn't sure if there was another reason and especially in trying for a vbac. My waters breaking was my first sign of labour for me with DD and yes it was pretty much all go from there...

I'll have a look at the info on AROM its not something I've read up on so will do that...

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 10:19pm
Greatly put trex

Thanks Noodle! ahh Im still buzzing! I think Im addicted! I just hope hubby is too!

fair enough Vix, fingers crossed you dont need to worry about it anyway

+1 May 09 Angel
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 10:05am
Saw the OB this morning, plus a final year medical student who was smoking HOT!!! Didn't really want to show him my gross belly Mmmm made my morning.

The OB was so rough when feeling my tummy - I am really really sore now! He took ages to decide what position bubs is in (apparently I have very good uterine tone which makes it hard to tell which parts of bubs are where - explains a bit). Thank goodness I'm having a scan tomorrow to double check she is head down. The OB said nothing unexpected - lots of stats on uterine scar ruptures. I asked him how many he'd seen... apparently he'd 'heard' of 2.... He wanted me to book an elective at 10 days OD but I said I won't have one before 14 days which he was fine with. I can't believe they say that you can't eat in labour... will be ignoring that one! So all in all, we are ready to rock and roll - come on baby!

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 1:52pm
i love it! wish i had asked my obs how many they had seen!!
funny he wanted you to book theelective, good on you for saying not yet    I dont think you will get to 42w anyway, just remembering how ready your body was with flynn

+1 May 09 Angel
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 4:23pm
Scan shows bubs is head down!! Yay!! Estimated at 6lb 8oz so just under average, but fluid is getting low... not sure how much of an issue that is.

I hope you're right and I don't get to 42 weeks Em - I'm guessing she'll be here on he 31st (5 days overdue)

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 6:31pm
I was facing the question of how far over was I happy to go (ended up having her at 12 days over so no need to worry anyway) but I opted for a scan at 10 days over so that if I had another post dates appt at 14 days over we'd have a reference point. I was less concerned with how much fluid there was than with how fast it was declining, so make sure any further assessments are considered relative to this one.

Good luck and hopefully not much longer to wait

And yay for head down!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 31>