FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVBAC roll call? (for ease of lurking LOL)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
Author
Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 12:25pm

Hi Islandgirl - I've got some of the same questions too (see my other post in one of the CS threads).  I'm just over 11 weeks at the moment.  I'm leaning towards VBAC but if I go overdue I'm leaning towards elective CS.  I'm a bit scared of a VBAC as CS is what I know.  I did get to experience about 6 hours of labour.  Hopefully that little bit will help my body know what to do this second time. 

Last time I had an emergency CS due to fetal distress.  I still found the CS experience to be a positive one - at the end I had a healthy happy bub (and Mum), and I didn't feel cheated in any way.

Sponsored Links

vixgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 2:05pm

Hi Islandgirl and Blankney

I do identify with you ladies, I too had an em cs last time dd was breech. I also don't feel the "need" to have a vaginal delievery and I have changed my mind between cs and VBAC this pregnancy finally deciding that if I go on time of maybe a few days over I'm going for a VBAC, I have however decided not to be induced if I go overdue and rather go for an elective cs.

I'm pretty positive about my chances of VBAC, I've had great support from my midwives and the hosp OB. Baby is head down and I did labour well the last time (until they discovered she was breech). Alot of the info you get on the net is US based, I found a book that is UK based and has found it to be the best help in me making my decision it is Vaginal Birth after Ceserean by Helen Churchill and Wendy Savage, there are a few stories in there some straight forward births and some not, but all women achieved their VBAC.

Good luck in making your decision, I really hope I'll be on here in a few days to tell you about my successful VBAC

Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 11:25pm

All the best with your up coming birth Vix.  You're exactly the same as me - VBAC for on time, and elective CS for overdue, and I won't accept being induced either. 

Just have to convince my midwife now - I've got a few weeks haha.  I think it would be nice to book straight in for a CS, but it doesn't sit well for me without good reason. 

islandgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 11:37am
Good luck with the VBAC Vixgirl - I hope it goes well!

Thanks for the comments, it's made me feel less "alone" so to speak! Bring on 25 weeks!

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 7:13pm
Saw your ticker amybaby congrats on your wee girl! how did the birth go? did you get your VBAC?

Good luck on your upcoming birth vixgirl, I hope it all goes well

Edited by noodle

hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 4:50pm
Can anyone reccomend any books they have read that helped them prepare for and during their VBAC?
Muma21more View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muma21more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 6:52pm
Its very quiet in here....
mother of Talia 19 months

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 8:54pm
It is!!
how are you feeling TM?
Vix... how did it go???!!
oh Hayley thays a tough one, go to page one and read weegees post, she listed a lot of good resources there. I loved ina mays guide to natural birth, hypnobirthing, gentle birth gentle mothering, active birth.. the list goes on!

+1 May 09 Angel
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 9:01pm
Hey ladies!

Well, wee Freya is now almost 6 weeks old so I thought I'd better come in and let you know how the birth went (while I can still remember!).

I didn't get my VBAC, however I did have a really really good C-section so I'm not too worried. I went into labour naturally on the 30th of January with a few random contractions around dinner time, and they slowly built up to around ever 6-7 minutes around 10pm, then started to get pretty ouchy around 4am.

By 7am they were every 4 minutes and my MW asked me to go to hospital to be monitored. After a horrible trip to hosiptal in rush hour traffic, we arrived at hospital around 8.30am. I managed to get one of the wireless monitors which was fab, but unfortunately it showed that bub's heart rate was dropping with each contraction and taking longer and longer to come back up. Around 12pm I was stuck at 3-4cm so the registrar suggested my waters be broken (I agreed hoping it would move things along as I was I tired and sore by this point) and there was thick meconium in them.

An hour later there was no progress and the heart rate was getting lower and lower so it was decided that a c-section was the best option. 15 mins later I was on the operating table and bubs was out shortly after. The cord was around her neck twice and had been squeezed with each contraction which explained the heart decelerations. Once she was out they took an age to get her breathing as she'd inhaled meconium, and then she was still gasping for breath so they took her straight to NICU for some oxygen with me only getting a brief glance (it was sooo horrible). She ended up spending 36 hours in NICU, but she has no long lasting effects from her breathing issues.

I was up and walking the day after she was born and driving 2 weeks later, so my recovery has been fantastic, and most importantly my little girl (who is pretty darn gorgeous) arrived safely

Good luck to the rest of you waiting for your little ones to arrive - I hope you all get the births that you want

Blondegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 7:12am
Hi all,
I have been following this thread and decided I better join in. I am 14 weeks pregnant and desperately wanting a VBAC. My son is 15 months old and was an Emergency CS for breech presentation. My waters broke at 36 weeks and then at hospital they discovered he was breech, was booked to have an elective the next morning (am now quite annoyed they never let me attempt a VB) but I started contracting overnight but theatre was full of proper emergency CS's so had to wait until 9am when I was 6cm already. I hated been strapped to the bed being monitored, I think it made the pain much worse. The CS was fine (had skin to skin straight away) and I recovered really well but it was just not what I wanted and it was awful not being able to properly care for him on that first day.
My MW thinks there is no reason why I shouldn't have a straightforward VB this time so I am about to start all sorts of exercises to make sure this baby is not breech. I was later told my baby had a short (27cm) umbilical cord and that is most likely the reason he was never able to turn.
I have to deliver at middlemore as I am too high risk now to have my baby at the local maternity unit. A good friend of mine just had a successful VBAC there so I am hoping for the same result.

Congrats on the arrival of your baby girl Amy.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 2:58pm
oohh welcome blondegirl! sounds like you coulda birthed your breech babe with your eyes closed! Im sure the 6cm you got to will be a great help for this birth when the time comes

+1 May 09 Angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 5:19pm
Thanks, I don't know about eyes closed but at the time they basically scared me into the CS by saying they don't know how big my pelvis is and his head could get stuck. He was only 2.6kg and had a smallish head circumference, I really wish I was given the chance to try.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 5:32pm
i guess both their statements are true, they dont know how big your pelvis as, and yes his head could get stuck, but they dont give you options, information or power do they? Thats something that pees me off, the scare tactics that are often used

+1 May 09 Angel
Muma21more View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muma21more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 6:54pm
HI Emmi im feeling pretty good hoping its not too much longer tho but who knows i guess il just have to wait...

Welcome Blondegirl

hope all is well vixgirl and that you have the time to tell us how things went for you, though i understand you must be very busy right now!
mother of Talia 19 months

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 12:51pm
Hmm well I guess I can start being on the roll call in here! CRAZY. I am one of the weirdos who wants to be monitored tho and so not fussed if it ends up as a c sect again, i just want a vbac for quicker recovery with a toddler.
last time i had a placental abruption due to short cord so am rather nervous about the same thing happening thus my happiness at being monitored lol!

the only thing i am nervous about is not being sure when to go in to be monitored but i guess i will know when it happens.

Oct 11
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:11pm
Welcome Nutella!! I know my MW wanted me to go in once I was in established labour to be monitored, although I think it depends a lot on the MW, and your previous experience, and what your comfortable with, maybe have a chat to her about it and see when she wants you to, and what you want to do

+1 May 09 Angel
hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:51pm
Welcome blondgirl. Hello everyone else!
Only 2.5 weeks till my due date!! Wish me luck for my vbac! Im very excited and also nervous.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:56pm
Exciting Hayley!! How are you feeling? Prepared? Eekk I cant wait to hear how you go, I still get goosebumps thinking about my vbac, it really was empowering!

+1 May 09 Angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:20am
Best of luck Hayley, how exciting. I am waiting for a letter for my OB appointment. My midwife said the OB is really pro VBAC's so hopefully it should be a positive meeting. 24 weeks now.
fadeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:03pm
Good luck for you VBAC Hayley! How exciting!!
DD 9 ~ DD 8 ~ DS 7 ~ DS 5 ~ DS 2 ~ DS 14mths ~ DD 3mths
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>