FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFirst time IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
melskee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melskee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 9:10pm
Great news trouble, sounds like it is all going well.

Tiffany the EC isn't that bad the drugs are good. You will be fine when it happens. Feb will come so quickly.

Chel good luck for the egg collection tomorrow, hope you get lots of beautiful eggs.
Bring on the happy drugs Maybeebaby.

Well this time tommorow i wil know, getting FA to email results so DH and i can look together, don't want to take a call at work. Fingers crossed
Sponsored Links

Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 9:13pm
all the very best for 2moro melskee, i really hope you get your much deserved BFP!! will be thinking of you 2moro x

Oh glad to hear the EC isnt that bad, I can handle some pain but not heaps! but i do get anxious & nervous about things that are new to me
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility
IVF#1 - Chem Pregnancy,no frosties
IVF#2 - BFP!!!! Plus 1 frostie

Peppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 9:48pm
Wow! So many on here in the midst of injections. Hope you're all coping ok. Goodluck tomorrow Chells and Melskee.
Maebeebaby, it sounds aweful! How do you cope when you have to work? I was heading to a Repromed info evening last night and DP was irritating the hell out of me by doing of all things driving slowly up to lights... I was so irrational I was going to scream at him. I had to close my eyes and imagine I was in a yoga class ....WTH will I be like on those drugs!!
Hope you find that book useful tiff8ny
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 6:52am
It's really weird Peppy, most of the time I feel fine but slightly irritable like AF is about to arrive, and then I feel like I am looking at myself, like I am someone else and I am observing from afar, cause things just come out of my mouth and I don't realise what I have said until I have said it! With work it's not so bad cause I am able to choose whether or not I am around people, ie if I need a bit of 'me time' at work I just go into my office and close the door - everyone knows not to disturb me as I am the big boss's PA and have quite of bit of solo-time to sort stuff out for them. I work with a FANTASTIC crowd of people though, we have heaps of fun and laughter, so that helps me get through the day!

I am not sleeping so well either cause I am so uncomfortable. Really gutted that since I have been on burserellin (day 10 now) I have gained 2kgs but I think that's also cause AF is due today, plus lack of exercise and wanting to eat all my hubby's choc chip cookies that I made for him - that I usually don't like cause they are so sweet! (He has hidden the cookie jar now thankfully).

CHELLS - I am soooooo excited for you today chick!!! Please post when you are feeling up to it and let us all know how it went! xxx
kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 3:33pm
Good luck for today melskee.

We have our post BFN appointment with FA today. Be interesting to see what they say about the FET.

I have decided that I need to loose at least 30kgs so I signed up for weightwatchers online today. And for the next year there will be no sweets, cookies, chocolate, chips etc in my house. The DH could do will loosing a kilo or two as well, but the biggest problem is that if it is in the house I want to eat it!
Due 14/10/11
melskee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melskee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 5:38pm
I'm in shock.... happy shock.... we got a BFP!!

I really can't beleive it, i don't even feel pregnant.

Wow ... i'm speachless and so so happy!

Thank you all so much for your support and wishes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 6:33pm
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO Melskee!!!!!!!! Wow that is fantastic news - I am so pleased to read of first-timers getting their BFPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 7:13pm
HUGE CONGRATS melskee!!!!!!! like i said in the other IVF thread im so happy for you right now!! i am just loving these first time IVF BFPs!!! Bring them all on I say xx
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility

Peppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 7:39pm
Ditto on that. So lovely to see it's worked for you first time round Melskee. Yeeha..that's great news. Roll on more of those BFPs.
TTC Jan 09
Unexplained
IVF - BFN 3 frosties
TER - BFP!
Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 7:48pm
Peppy when do you start?? you need to get on that roll on first time IVF BFPs!!!!
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility

melskee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melskee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:00pm
Yes you girls will follow me in a BFP i know it.

I can't believe it worked first time, i just feel so lucky.

Fingers crossed for the next 12 months
Peppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:02pm
Wouldn't that be great! I should get AF Wedn/Thurs next week. We're talking to the nurses tomorrow then will pick up drugs when AF arrives.....it is funny really...its like you get on the rollercoaster of infertility and you just move from one procedure to another and the thought that it may actualy end in a pregnancy sometimes to me seems rather foreign. Its like 'oh yeah, that's why were doing this'. I guess we've had no positives at all for two years and no reason for the madness so its a bit like finding a neddle in a haystack!
TTC Jan 09
Unexplained
IVF - BFN 3 frosties
TER - BFP!
Tasi45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasi45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:05pm
so happy for you melskee - you've swapped the IVF rollercoaster for the pregnancy one!!
Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:24pm
i feel exactly the same way as you Peppy! I cant even imagine getting a BFP at the mo, hopefully one day i will know how it feels
but so positive hearing all these first time IVF miracles
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility

Peppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:41pm
Yeah it is lovely to hear...it gives us all hope...though hope doesn't quite desribe the feeling when you read of a BFP..here's some beautiful synonyms which really made me feel warm and fuzzy knowing you've got your BFP Melskee...

... fervent hope, confidence, faith, assurance, well grounded hopes, castles in the air, Utopia, golden dream; bit of blue sky; heaven...

.Just read that and it's a bit cheesy sorry!... but doing that actually has made me feel like 'yeah, I'm going to get there'. A nice feeling amongs the negative thoughts.

Edited by Peppy
TTC Jan 09
Unexplained
IVF - BFN 3 frosties
TER - BFP!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:50pm
Kick those negative thoughts in the @rse! We ARE all going to make that BFP!!!

You just gotta laugh - got a letter in the mail today from Repromed - my doctor (assuming my family doctor??) has made an application to Repromed for PUBLIC FUNDING - yes you read right - and we are currently PAYING PRIVATELY. We have scored a score of '90', and minimum score is 65. My BMI is raised and that is the only thing I would have to rectify.

But seriously - SERIOUSLY - we were told by Repromed that the public system wouldn't touch me with a bargepole because I have had 4 mc's - but it's so laughable when we are in the middle of a private IVF cycle to receive such a letter!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:53pm
Hey has anyone had anything weird happen with their food tastes - I LOVE meat, and I can't stand it anymore, since yesterday - both evening meals I have eaten my veges but not my potato or meat ... AF is probably here right now, it was threatening earlier today and my pre-AF cramps are primo tonight - blood tests today said AF is about to arrive anytime so tomorrow I expect to be my officlal DAY ONE as Repromed call it, will be halving the morning burserellin injections and adding gonal-f tomorrow evening.

Melskee - how are you feeling?????????? Betcha you just don't know what to do with yourself - every twinge, nausea, loss of reality, you will be blaming the lot on being pregnant soon enough! It's an amazing feeling aye!
Peppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:55pm
Is that right? Your family doctor? We were told we would be dreaming too and would have no choice for five years but to go private...facinating. So does that mean you'll go on the list?
TTC Jan 09
Unexplained
IVF - BFN 3 frosties
TER - BFP!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:59pm
No we won't go on the list - cause we will get a BFP in a few weeks on our private cycle .

And I am 38 so I don't have time to wait for a public list that won't ever happen for me anyway due to my pregnancy vs miscarriage history.

Edited by MaeBeeBaby
Peppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 9:07pm
Of course you'll have no need!

Very interesting process they must have.
TTC Jan 09
Unexplained
IVF - BFN 3 frosties
TER - BFP!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>