FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNappy rash?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappy rash?
    Posted: 10 June 2010 at 8:16pm
When DS has had nappy rash it's been like very red and raw looking. Now he's got a red butt, but there are also these red dots. They're quite spaced out, like 1cm apart. Like little pimple things, but red.
We usually use weleda calendula cream, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Does that seem odd? Any suggestions on what I can put on it?
Sponsored Links

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 8:48pm
Lily gets that, I put a truck load of zinc cream on her butt and it does the trick within 12-24 hours. And I make sure her butt doesn't dry out either but it's soaked iygwim and change nappies regularly.
Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 8:53pm
Anything with zinc and castor oil works really well.

However it sounds like thrush to me so try a zinc based barrier/healing cream along with something,ike canestan to treat thrush.

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:30pm
Sounds like thrush to me - take him to the doctor and get a script for micreme to clear it up. In the meantime, a teaspoon fo baking soda in the bath works wonders.
 Post Reply Post Reply