FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYou’ve got to be kidding.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You’ve got to be kidding.
    Posted: 23 June 2010 at 1:30pm
I just read this story...an ongoing saga from months ago. My favourite part is the very last bit, where they explain they tried to cancel his sickness benefit, and he got a medical certificate signed by a doctor to enable him to stay on it. Check out the medical reason he has for not being able to work.

Appeal by gang leader's wife
Sponsored Links

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2010 at 1:58pm
We could do with some work on our rental property so we can sell it, can we get a grant?! And wow, free tyres for their 2OO7 car. They're obviously getting 'paid' very well

This makes me so mad when there's good honest families working their butt off to try and get ahead, yet we get next to no help from the government.

Grrrr.
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2010 at 2:52pm
nice to know where my taxes are going.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2010 at 3:46pm
I heard about this... WTF!

And yet when I rocked on up to get the sickness benefit I couldn't because someone screwed up months earlier with dps application so they had to do a huge investigation despite me receiving no money from them and then they put me on the unemployment benefit only to be told 2 weeks after baby came that I no longer qualified and don't qualify for anything else...

That's just bullsh*t imo.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2010 at 4:46pm
OMG......
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 12:10am
What a freaking joke.

tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 1:45pm
So nice to know that taxpayers money is going to people that really need it...NOT!!! Even if he is on sickness benefit why can't she work? Grr, makes me so mad.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 2:19pm

kiwi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 10:31am
No words really. WTF. Something is seriously wrong if people can play the system like that.
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 9:44am
I read about them a few weeks back - and when they had WINZ appointments they had to be seen at a special unit as they were considered too dangerous to be seen in the regular WINZ offices...
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 3:18pm
LOL, my father taught these guys about 20+ years ago and I still remember the name from the stories he told back then ......
Mum to two wee boys
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 7:50pm
Man I can't believe these lazy people, yes I am on the DPB and I feel horrible on it, I feel like a loser most of the time although I am trying to better myself to provide a better life for my daughter. I get the bare min I can get and had a massive hard time trying to get a little extra for my car payments when I brought it when I was working.

I can't wait to become a Midwife and get back to earning my own money and lots of it.

I am all for a social welfare reform.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 9:02pm
Haha come on, it is the Harris gang, if you're from Chch you wouldn't be surprised at all. They're very clever with fraud etc.

I went to school with one of the Harris kids, lovely girl but you never had sleepovers with her
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 1:08pm
Unbelievable!!!! Really don't know what to say to that!!! It's just to disgusting for words!!!

Post Reply Post Reply