FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked12months- time for cows milk?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12months- time for cows milk?
    Posted: 25 June 2010 at 3:51pm
Amelia will be one in just a few weeks so 4 days ago i decided to try giving her a bottle of cows  milk , she took it absolutly fine and no alergies or anything ( she had been having it on wheetbix for a wee while ) so for the last 4 days iv been giving her one bottle of cows milk a day ,plus around 2-3 bottles of formular ( if at preschool ) or breastfeeds (if at home) plus at least one breastfeed in the night ( she likes to wake mummy up 1-3 times a night ) , last night at about 11pm she woke up screaming ( a scream like she was in pian ) and her wee tummy was rock hard , i had noticed earlier in the evening her pushing ( like she was going for a poo) but she didnt have any dirty nappies , then this morning she cried for a good 10 minutes and was pushing and had a bowel movemtent but it was VERY hard . so it looks like shes very constipated and i assume it is the cows milk , what is the best way to slowley introduce cows milk into her diet ? i think i may have jumped the gun a bit and started her on too much too soon . i feel really bad because she was in so much pain , poor wee thing

Edited by julz
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 4:50pm
maybe its the combination of the formula and cows as opposed to the cows on its own...

not that that info is helpful LOL...

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 8:19pm
I agree with Bizzy - it could be a combination of both, but I'd probably leave off on the cows milk anyway, until she is a bit older. Apparently rice milk is a gentler substitute for cows milk and the taste is more like breastmilk, although I couldn't verify that for you LOL

Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 8:38pm
hmmm I would think that cows milk would have the oppersite effect, Ive never known it to bung people up before.
Im agree with Bizzy and HM that its most likely the combo of formula(which can bung them up) and cows milk.
Id wait until after she is one to start giving her cows milk again, and then phase out the formula and just have cows milk and breastmilk

Post Reply Post Reply