FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAmended Abortion Bill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
kiwi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 9:36pm
We were both kids really and we broke up for about a year. I was a single parent for a while but 3.5 years later we got married and 10 years later he is still sitting on the couch opposite me. The one friend I lost over it all had just had a termination and I can understand she was raw and justifying her choice. I didn't see it that way at the time though. Another friend apologised a number of years later not because she said anything but because she didn't support me. That meant a lot.

ETA to apologise for being a bit off topic.

Edited by kiwi2
Sponsored Links

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 7:48pm
I dont believe that abortion should be a criminal act there are many legitimate reasons to choose abortion and I believe that it should be a choice.

I think that the cut off should be before the 20 week scan unless it is for medical reasons.

I do not think that there should be a cut off for medical reasons, but as soon as the baby becomes viable on its own there is no point in abortion as the procedure would only give a premature baby. And I think the 20 week cut off is ridiculous for medical reasons as you are asking someone to decide in a matter of days whether to keep the baby.

I think that the the two signature policy should be kept, however it should be changed to a doctor and a counsellor (i think the counsellor is especially important to young people to ensure that they arent being pressured into the procedure). the doctor explains the medical implications and potential side effects for the procedure with the counsellor there to explain the emotional implications. If not for the two signatures all gp/ob should be able to sign.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 8:15pm
amme_eilyk - it doesn't mean you give birth to a premmie. its a possibility but you are actually given a pill a couple of days before being induced which means the likely outcome is a stillborn
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 11:10am
Well personally I think if the baby becomes viable but extreme premmie (given not bad medical) why not continue and put up for adoption if you really don't want a baby that much?
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Kalimirella Kalimirella wrote:

Well personally I think if the baby becomes viable but extreme premmie (given not bad medical) why not continue and put up for adoption if you really don't want a baby that much?

that is what I meant, once it gets to that stage then there is no need for the baby to die.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345