FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOne sleep a day?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One sleep a day?
    Posted: 07 July 2010 at 2:49pm
Just wonder what time your toddler sleeps if they are down to one sleep a day?

DS still has two sleeps a day of usually 1.5hr each but lately he has been pushing his afternoon one out to about 3pm (he is still playing in his cot now and I put him down over an hour ago!)

Wondering if I should try cutting his morning sleep out and then maybe he would have a longer sleep after lunch? Did you make the transition or did they just do it naturally?

I find the morning sleep quite restricting as we can't do anything eg mainly music, playgroups etc which are all usually on in the morning.
Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 3:02pm
Depends on how he feels on the day

for example...yesterday Cory had a 45min sleep in the morning and a 2 hr sleep in the arvo

yet today we have only had a 45min sleep all day...and i wont put him down now as he wont sleep tonight.

Maybe try pushing his morning sleep out a bit and you might find that he combines the 2 and just has 1 sleep for the day

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 3:06pm
i found the same and also it quite restricting.. i just started him having one sleep at about 11 when he was about your DS's age.
Mum to two amazing boys!
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 7:06pm
When I saw the signs of him changing his sleep patterns, I gradually pushed out the time that I put him down for the morning sleep, then eventually it was one sleep.

While he was adjusting to one sleep, sometimes he would get a bit grumpy or not quite last until the end of the day, but it didn't take too long to get into a routine and I was used his signs as a guide.

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2010 at 12:46pm
My boy dropped to 1 sleep around this age, about 11.30- 2.30. I found that if we went out to playgroup etc then he was more able to stay up longer, but days at home he usually had 2 still for a while. So i just started doing some of those things a couple of days a week. It was great! Much easier when you're on one as yes you can do stuff and they're really at the age where they love to get out and explore new places and people.

Just watch the lunch thing - make sure you take lunch or else they get too tired to eat it! I'd feed in car or pram on way home to keep him awake.

Post Reply Post Reply